Forums > General Industry > Mentors and Mentoring.

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

As an Professional Model/Photog or Aspiring Model/Photog do you work as or with a Mentor?

As a Professional Model/Photographer do you Mentor younger or less experience people. Help the grow and understand the business?

OR

As an aspiring Photog/Model do you seek out seasoned professional for advice and knowledge on the industry?

I have been Mentoring a few young kids this past year. They are in college and want to be photographers. I find it exhilerating to pass on knowledge that I obtained over the past 20 years plus the knowledge aquired from my Mentor.

If you are a seasoned Model or Photographer who understands the business go out and offer your services and experience. It will only help to raise the tide for the whole industry.

If you are an aspiring Model/Photographer go out and ask a seasoned professional about Mentoring you. You might be surprised by their answer. You will also be surprised who much you will learn in such a short period of time.

M

Aug 15 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Yup I sure do, I will also answer any question I can for others. I have nothing to hide. I work with 5-8 grade kids alot when my daughter is in school. Its all good.

Aug 15 06 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I'm mental.. Does that count?

Aug 15 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

My mentor was Jacque King.  In turn I've mentored several folks currently on MM. 

Pretty good system.

-Don

Aug 15 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Mentoring is what it's all about. When I was younger and learning my craft, many gave me advice, critiques and tips. In turn, over the past fifteen or so years, I've offered whatever assistance I could to new photographers. Passing on acquired institutional knowledge to the next generation is how the craft or art grows.

Aug 15 06 06:36 pm Link