Forums > General Industry > What to bring...

Model

NikkyV

Dayton, Ohio, US

This may be a dumb question, or even a tired thread. I'm new to this modeling thing, and I was wondering... If you answer a casting call, and the photographer would like to set up a test shoot to see how things go, what do you bring to wear? I apologize again, but the shoots that I have done were in a bikini or, well, super tiny shorts and thats it. Should I but some hot outfits together and if so, like what? Jeans, skirts, my whole closet? :-)

Aug 14 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

You should discuss that with the photographer you're working with.  It all depends on the approach and vision of the photographer and what he/she is trying to accomplish.

Aug 14 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Art Richards Creatives

Bogo, Central Visayas, Philippines

I love to collaborate with the model on a "test".  What I hate is when a model shows up with 30 random pieces of clothing stuffed in a duffel bag and everything wrinkled beyond use...  Whatever you bring to the shoot, make sure it looks it's best.

Aug 14 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

Legend Images wrote:
I love to collaborate with the model on a "test".  What I hate is when a model shows up with 30 random pieces of clothing stuffed in a duffel bag and everything wrinkled beyond use...  Whatever you bring to the shoot, make sure it looks it's best.

haha, you mean that's not supposed to be like that?  To this day I thought all models showed up with clothing stuffed in their bag.

Aug 14 06 11:02 pm Link

Model

NikkyV

Dayton, Ohio, US

You mean I can't show up with crappy wrinkley clothes in a trash bag? :-) hehe

Aug 14 06 11:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lilium Makeup Artistry

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Check here:

http://themakeupartist.com/portfolios/qa.php

This site has some great recommendations!

(Provided by the fabulous Mary #1958!!)

Aug 14 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Nikole Vontz wrote:
You mean I can't show up with crappy wrinkley clothes in a trash bag? :-) hehe

Come shoot with me.  You dont even need the bag!

Aug 14 06 11:41 pm Link

Photographer

Haleh Bryan

Take ideas, a good attitude, readiness to explore various sides of you, an imaginative mind and a whole lot of positive energy! That is what I expect models to bring...I know things vary from situation to another.

Aug 15 06 12:29 am Link

Photographer

Scott O Bryan Photo

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Kaylene Scherb wrote:
Check here:

http://themakeupartist.com/portfolios/qa.php

This site has some great recommendations!

(Provided by the fabulous Mary #1958!!)

Great link thanks

Aug 15 06 11:04 pm Link