Forums > General Industry > so I was out shooting..

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

Today I hopped on my trusty Old Schwinn and had a TLR strapped around my neck. I decided I need to force myself to shoot some precious film.

Well I went and shot a few stupid things as I was riding. Then a man spotted me that was walking. He was a big sum #$%^% and had a dam mean look on his face. So I rode by and he said something to me. I couldn't quite make it out so I said "what?"

He says to me " Can I see your camera?" I am wondering now if he is going to roll me for it. But I doubled back towards him anyways.(trusting soul ha?) So when I get close he says " I wanted to see one of those old cameras"  " My parents used to have one"  "Does it crank? " (ala Rolleiflex)  By this time I had noticed his speach impediment and maybe he is not so bright.  "So what do you shoot?" I say " Most anything" "Guys with fishing poles" 

Turns out he was walking to the creek and had his fishing pole .So he let me take his picture and we chatted a bit and parted ways. Best shot of the day! I am sure of it.

Aug 13 06 09:49 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Isn't that how most wonderful images are taken?!  R-

Aug 14 06 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

That is what it is all about!! Good going, both of you!!!

Aug 14 06 12:27 am Link