Forums > General Industry > Hello..Hello..Hello They must have left already.

Model

Suellen

Arlington, Georgia, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

This is not or was not a flame it was a simple staement of fact. Someone made a committment and failed to keep it. Didnt bother to call or email just blew it off.
This person made the original contact not me. That is it. Keep your word or dont give it, if you dont or cant understand that your in the wrong field.

(Eye rolls)
Yes, and this very same issue (hundreds of times) has been discussed on this site.....ugh!
You did not make this a 'simple statement of fact'...and noted on and on with your responses....

relax; chill; take a poop; you will feel soo much better....

Aug 14 06 09:30 am Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

Rachel Leah wrote:
Are you implying that only those who are at your level of professionalism can criticize you for the way you're acting?  Clearly there are a lot of people here who recognize that you're acting unprofessionally by attacking people just because you don't think their work is as good as yours. You posted in a public forum on a site that has people of all levels and abilities.  You will get all types of responses, many of which you will not agree with them, but when you discredit someone's response because they don't have your abilities, that is unfair and uncalled for.

Hell yea!  Very unprofessional, immature and childish.  What abilites?  The "holyer than thou" complex isn't an ability, its a handicapp.

Aug 14 06 09:34 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I still don't get why there is no EDITING going on in that first post.

Aug 14 06 09:41 am Link

Model

Rachel Leah

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Electra T wrote:
I still don't get why there is no EDITING going on in that first post.

I guess it's because he's better than everyone here and doesn't care what anyone thinks!

Aug 14 06 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Welcome to the Ego Grinder its like a buzz saw in a saw mill. If you walk in with your ego hanging out and walk too close, it will snatch, pull you in and splatter bits of you all over the place.

My statements were generisations not putting words in your mouth.

Chill out. You are in a different world here.

For what its worth. I've not had any no-shows, EVER. I always email exact contact information, times places and routes. I require emailed replies for confirmation, then phone the day before or on the morning just to check. Works like a charm.

I hold no grudge to you. I like your work. But you making the same mistakes others have made and most of us are actually trying to help.

Aug 14 06 10:02 am Link

Model

Rachel Leah

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Fluffytek wrote:
Welcome to the Ego Grinder its like a buzz saw in a saw mill. If you walk in with your ego hanging out and walk too close, it will snatch, pull you in and splatter bits of you all over the place.

Haha...great imagery smile

Aug 14 06 10:04 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Rachel Leah wrote:

I guess it's because he's better than everyone here and doesn't care what anyone thinks!

Lets see where to begin here, I take crit from anyone. I respond to some not all. I value crit from those who have the skill to make a difference in my career. It doesnt matter to me if your as good as me or better than me really. What I said was If you have work to back up your words I am all ears, something that I was told I did not have.
Why are you here on this thread if you dont like me or my words?
What editing needs to be done other than the removal of the number?
I personally dont know any of you three or four models and one photographer in the UK who cant get past the mistake I made and apoligized for. Most likely we will never work together hopefully anyway so in the end why?
And so lets get onto the real issue here and that is reliability on each of us to uphold our end of an agreement. Why do you fear to speak about this and or do something about it other than say it's all been heard before. It should be yelled from the laptop that this is not on only then will MM be a useful tool in the industry.
This is not a joke to me and my crew and from what I have read here at MM its not a joke to alot of really talented people. OMP is one alternative and MM should be another, I would assume that was the original intent here.
  As of now I have had several poeple who want to try working with me here and I am very happy with those who have responded so far. Most have really great portfolios or seem to want it as bad as I do,and that is all that really matters to me.
You tell me how its to be and then go away. I wont contact you and you wont contact me and the world will turn again I am sure.

Aug 14 06 10:15 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

It's funny how he started to flame the model but only made himself look bad.

Aug 14 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Lamonica wrote:
It's funny how he started to flame the model but only made himself look bad.

Yawn.

Aug 14 06 10:19 am Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

Like, REALLY bad.  Thats the first time I've seen that!

Aug 14 06 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
This is not a joke to me and my crew and from what I have read here at MM its not a joke to alot of really talented people. omp is one alternative and MM should be another, I would assume that was the original intent here.

Its not a joke to anyone, but your getting bent out of shape about something we have seen too many times before. This is life in the Internet model world where things often go wrong.

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
I personally dont know any of you three or four models and one photographer in the UK who cant get past the mistake I made and apoligized for. Most likely we will never work together hopefully anyway so in the end why?

Now you see this is an international site and a highly public place. You may think that it was just a little message in a little forum, but there are getting on for 200,000 people on here, from all over the world. So it wasnt a little boo-boo, but a great big one.

Aug 14 06 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Fluffytek wrote:

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
This is not a joke to me and my crew and from what I have read here at MM its not a joke to alot of really talented people. OMP is one alternative and MM should be another, I would assume that was the original intent here.

Its not a joke to anyone, but your getting bent out of shape about something we have seen too many times before. This is life in the Internet model world where things often go wrong.

Now you see this is an international site and a highly public place. You may think that it was just a little message in a little forum, but there are getting on for 200,000 people on here, from all over the world. So it wasnt a little boo-boo, but a great big one.

And all you can do is go on about my mistake?
A great big BOO BOO? as he reaches for the meds. I have looked at all your portfolios and now you can all go on to some other topic where your valued opinions are needed if not wanted.200.000 and only you few that just keep going on and on and on,yawn.
Using my thread to boost the views on your own pages is kind of thin in terms of marketing would'nt you say? Look to your own careers as I said we will never be working together..thank the lord, so none of this long winded nonsense means squat in the long run,hey BOO BOO? Fluffytek or whatever you go by.

Aug 14 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

I have looked at all your portfolios and now you can all go on to some other topic where your valued opinions are needed if not wanted.

And there you go again. You lose the argument about professional behaviour and start pissing on everyones work.

Aug 14 06 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Fluffytek wrote:

And there you go again. You lose the argument about professional behaviour and start pissing on everyones work.

I didnt piss on anyones work. I lost this arguement when it started because there will always be those who have talent pursued by those who dont. Your claim to fame here is that you set me straight on how it is here at MM. OK you win I am going to go create some beautiful images, hang around with some really talented people and then come home and talk to my wife while we go through all of these responses to pick out our fav's.
So in conclusion have a truly wonderful day and the best of luck to all of you very talented and awesome models and photographers who stepped up to show me the light.
Hadyn
HU/NU/CRU
Studio

Aug 14 06 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hadyn Lassiter, we can all understand how you might have felt.  Here you
have a phone conversation with a model who seemed interested, confirms she'll
be there and knows what to bring.  You are a pro and very serious and you expect
the same of others.  All very understandable but you are forgetting several points.
First always, always ask for a confirmation call before making any trips to meet
anyone or call them and unless you speak with them directly don't go.  I do
this with all planned meets.  I call first before I leave and if it is something with a
model no speaka to da model I no leava.  That said, you wait she of course doesn't
show.  You're angry, again understandable but guess what?  Theres nothing you
can do about it.  A few weeks back a model who is somewhat near me contacted
me for the fourth time about shooting.  She claims she's serious and loves my
work, blah, blah.  Anyway as serious as she is and how much she wants to shoot
its been a period of five months since her first email.  I'm I mad, nope.  Do I
take her as a serious person, no.  In the future make sure your models call before
you leave to meet them or you call them.  Things happen, people forget, cars
break, people get sick and that could be on your end.

Aug 14 06 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Hadyn Lassiter, we can all understand how you might have felt.  Here you
have a phone conversation with a model who seemed interested, confirms she'll
be there and knows what to bring.  You are a pro and very serious and you expect
the same of others.  All very understandable but you are forgetting several points.
First always, always ask for a confirmation call before making any trips to meet
anyone or call them and unless you speak with them directly don't go.  I do
this with all planned meets.  I call first before I leave and if it is something with a
model no speaka to da model I no leava.  That said, you wait she of course doesn't
show.  You're angry, again understandable but guess what?  Theres nothing you
can do about it.  A few weeks back a model who is somewhat near me contacted
me for the fourth time about shooting.  She claims she's serious and loves my
work, blah, blah.  Anyway as serious as she is and how much she wants to shoot
its been a period of five months since her first email.  I'm I mad, nope.  Do I
take her as a serious person, no.  In the future make sure your models call before
you leave to meet them or you call them.  Things happen, people forget, cars
break, people get sick and that could be on your end.

All too true and correct, thank you for the advice and points,all well taken. I will be following the advice when working with MM models in the future for sure. What I can do about it I did. I made an error in posting the number not the name in my opinion, and as such it wont happen again. Thank you.
Love your avatar image by the way.

Aug 14 06 11:51 am Link