Forums > General Industry > Publishing (or republishing) a book....

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

First, I want to thank all the MMers who have been so gracious (and riotous, artistic with abandon, supportive and nuanced) for coming and saying hi over the past little more than a month I've been haunting these halls. Now the question-I had a book of photography published in (gulp) 1985. Put down that calculator or abacus or whatever right now. It was a photojournalistic book called, "Slow Burn: A Photodocument of Centralia, Pennsylvania." Yes, very very different than my stuff here. It's out of print (selling for more than $200 on ebay). I've been urged by a number of people to get it republished (I own the rights) or publish it on my own, offering it with limited edition prints. I've seen an unbelievably generous amount of technical/business related info floating around on here-so, any suggestions fellow MMers? Thanks much folks. Renee

Aug 12 06 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Aug 12 06 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Thanks! Very helpful! I know about lulu and asuka-I have a photojournalist friend who raves about asuka and I saw something they did for him that was fabulous repro quality. Um, and I probably should have used the search button. Woops. Thanks. And I've been enjoying your other posts out there btw. ;-)

Aug 13 06 12:05 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Thanks Renee, I've been following your posts too :-D

Let me know if you use either of those services, I saved those links because I'm also interested in the possibility of publishing (eventually).  By the way, Amazon also has a self-publishing I think it's called booksurge or something.

Aug 13 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Colford Studios wrote:
Thanks Renee, I've been following your posts too :-D

And oooooohhhh, we've been bad haven't we? lololol. ;-) Yup, let's keep in touch on this (and other bad thangs)

Aug 13 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

You got it Renee!  We're good at being bad!  ;-D

Aug 13 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Colford Studios wrote:
You got it Renee!  We're good at being bad!  ;-D

Um, I think you could still teach me a few things! ;-)

Aug 13 06 01:36 am Link