Forums > General Industry > What happens when...

Model

Holly Campbell

St Louis, Saskatchewan, Canada

What do you do when you love working with one photographer so much? I feel like it is a bad thing to have mostly his work in my port. Is that true, or does no one care?

Much love~

Holly

Aug 09 06 07:06 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

It's best to have variety.

Aug 09 06 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Your port is very good; I like most of the work.

As far as sticking to one photographer, I would recommend trying others; you may find you like to work with others.  Maybe even prefer their style.  But if you choose not to, I can't see that hurting your ambitions at all.

Aug 09 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

YeagerVision

Los Angeles, California, US

It's a gift from the art gods to find a fellow artist with whom you feel SO comfortable.   Having said that....why not work with everybody?   There are only two possible outcomes: 

1)  you find someone with whom you like working better, or

2) you get affirmation that you're photographer is the best match for you.

You do run the risk of learning from the less fantastic photographers, maybe something you can take back to your A-guy (or girl), but I think you can handle that!!

Aug 09 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

e-string wrote:

True. as long as it is really good work.  Keep upgrading!

Aug 09 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

e-string wrote:

It is.

But incredible work can come out of a muse/ artist relationship.  Comfort levels are optimum, inhibitions are dropped and creativity is at an all time high.

Aug 09 06 07:11 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Ransom J wrote:

It is.

But incredible work can come out of a muse/ artist relationship.  Comfort levels are optimum, inhibitions are dropped and creativity is at an all time high.

Oh trust me, I know. I'm lucky enough to have a relationship like that with one of my photographers. But it's still best not to use just his work in my portfolio. smile

Aug 09 06 07:20 pm Link