Forums > General Industry > Any Locations in Portland Oregon?

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

So I have a photog coming from out of town to shoot with me but living an hour outside of Portland I don't exactly know good locations to shoot at either. He said he would prefer and indoor location. Any ideas? help me please!

Aug 09 06 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Yamhill Market
Amtrack station
Pioneer Square
Science Museum
Art Museum (don't know photo policy there)
Nikie HQ
All the quaint hotel lobbies down town
Coffee shop/cafe next to Egyptian theater
Coffee shops along Forth street boutiques
Formal Chinese gardens ($10-12 fee) interior/exterior

Exterior - Rose Garden

Aug 09 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

depends on what you are shooting

Aug 09 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

Kelsey Danger

Portland, Oregon, US

I say walk around by PSU. I live by there and it has lots of diverse areas for shots.
there are the park blocks, common student areas outside, inside the school in the hallways is cool, and there is that skybridge that goes over broadway.

Aug 09 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Bay Photo

Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, France

the White Eagle Hotel!

there are a couple other great hotels in portland too that are awesome locations.

Aug 09 06 08:25 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Ronnie Werner

Portland, Oregon, US

There is a Photography studio that can be rented by the hour.

Newspace
http://www.newspacephoto.org/studio

I have used it several times and it is very nice. Has everything I needed.

Aug 09 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Thanks!

Aug 10 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

brett ferguson

Sacramento, California, US

I recently visited Portland and with the help of the very friendly Portlanders, found some great locations in the old industrial run-down section just over the bridge from the "nice" side. The places mentioned a few posts ago are all tourist havens and crowded with potential shoot breakers. Not only that, but any commercial and /or public bldg is going to hit you up for a permit if it looks like you are a professional photographer. This happened to me in front of the Portland Museum. On the other hand, I was able to freely go into a new construction area and snap away for an hour without a hassle from anyone- there was not a human being in sight.
Portlanders are the most hospitable and helpful people I have encountered anywhere. It is a great city and there are so many locations where all you have to do is turn your camera 90 degrees and you have a completely different look. Go for it!

Aug 12 06 01:37 am Link

Photographer

Arznix

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

brett ferguson wrote:
I recently visited Portland and with the help of the very friendly Portlanders, found some great locations in the old industrial run-down section just over the bridge from the "nice" side. The places mentioned a few posts ago are all tourist havens and crowded with potential shoot breakers. Not only that, but any commercial and /or public bldg is going to hit you up for a permit if it looks like you are a professional photographer. This happened to me in front of the Portland Museum. On the other hand, I was able to freely go into a new construction area and snap away for an hour without a hassle from anyone- there was not a human being in sight.
Portlanders are the most hospitable and helpful people I have encountered anywhere. It is a great city and there are so many locations where all you have to do is turn your camera 90 degrees and you have a completely different look. Go for it!

Hi Brett,

Can you be more specific on the locations(ie ... streets names or district names). Industrial looking scenes are great for backdrops especially if you can get access without too many hassles and too many people looking over your shoulder. Loading bays with old brick work or old metal stairways can be really dramatic.

Aug 12 06 03:26 pm Link

Model

Floofie

Portland, Oregon, US

There are some great industrial areas for shooting under the morrison bridge, if you can brave the bums ^__^ There are train tracks, too.  I have some pics of the area in the backgrounds of my newest images.

Aug 18 06 11:12 am Link