Forums > General Industry > Fake Booker!

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

OK as we are speaking I am egging on a fake model booker guy.  Thanks to you guys, I now know the difference.  He started by messaging me and saying "ok I'm here to talk to you about your paid job, first of all how old are you".  And "I was like 20, who is this?"  And he said "obviously youre not intersted in the job, I guess bye then".  So I said "byebye" and here's the rest:
aryka101: what do you mean who is this
Christine: you know, like MM # or name
aryka101: i hire for paid modeling job.......i am not a photographer, id ont take pics, and therefore i am not on MM, i only went there to hire.   if i hire you , the pay will be  $ 140 per hour.   i have my hires do playboy, victorias secret, hollister, maxim once i hire them
Christine: oh i see
Christine: how dod you get my name?
aryka101: i saw your pics on MM
Christine: ah I see
aryka101: ?
Christine: as in I understand how you found me
aryka101: how long you been modeling
Christine: I just began over the summer
aryka101: u dont seem excited about the job i am hiring
aryka101: if u dont want it then good bye
Christine: haha am I hurting your feelings
Christine: too bad you havent stated what the job is youre hiring for
Christine: byebye
aryka101: i stated very clearly that i  have my hires do playboy, victorias secret, hollister, maxim once i hire them
Christine: so you jsut want to hire me in general?
aryka101: got any problems
Christine: only with your attitude
aryka101: then good bye
Christine: byebye
Christine: oh at FYI, I'm reporting you for being fake to the FBIs internet fraud
aryka101: great
Christine: have fun with that
aryka101: sure will

Now before I close it, can I get an IP addy from this?  It's yahoo messenger.

Aug 09 06 12:30 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

MSN and Yahoo route conversations through their own servers, so an IP won't do you any good.

The guy did sound dodgy, but he wasn't nearly as bad as some we've seen come through here.

Personally, I don't think models should give out their IM info on their profiles.  There are tons of really whacked out weirdos that surf the web and it just makes getting a pretty girl's attention far too easy for them.

I don't give my usernames to people until we've already firmly established some sort of legitimate ongoing email/private message thread.

Aug 09 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Josie Nutter wrote:
MSN and Yahoo route conversations through their own servers, so an IP won't do you any good.

Personally, I don't think models should give out their IM info on their profiles.  There are tons of really whacked out weirdos that surf the web and it just makes getting a pretty girl's attention far too easy for them.

I don't give my usernames to people until we've already firmly established some sort of legitimate ongoing email/private message thread.

I've urged MM to remove the option for IM info, as I'm convinced some think its a requirement or something, and provide it to keep from being turned down. And its just plain dangerous.

Amazing that some continue to list IM... I know some of them and they just don't listen on this subject. but whatever. I just can't imagine ever getting a job offer via IM. is it me?

Aug 09 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

TheThreeFacesofEve

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

whoa, i have had SO many conversations like that. we should both take off our IM screen names. that way only MM members can contact us.

Aug 09 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I've found that, in general, anytime somebody wants you to agree to something at the drop of a hat, it's in your best interest to refuse.

This guy was expecting you to pee yourself with excitement before you even knew what the deal was.  Sad thing is, there's people out there falling for it.  Must be, or he would stop.

Aug 09 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Sounds like this guy:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohioscene/message/3742

I don't have problems like this because I don't chat. No AIM, no Yahoo Messenger, etc.
I have had both of those and ICQ and MSN Messenger in the past. Now I don't worry about getting messages from weirdos. Why bother chatting anyway, it's a waste of time and everybody's on a different service anyway.

Aug 09 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Wow... I first read the title is 'fake booger'... and i wondered why that was such an exciting topic that it earned the exclamation mark at the end... wink

Aug 09 06 02:50 pm Link