Forums > General Industry > Models editing your work and ruining the image

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

I have no problem with any member of my team altering images WE produced from a test.  I love seeing the variations they come up with.  Give 'em something to do between castings!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Aug 09 06 02:51 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Alli B wrote:
And my take on this...im a model/photographer....for one...MOST photogs that ive worked with has seen and acknowledged my work as a photographer...i am a trained graphic designer with the skills and training i have received extensively...and most other times ive learned on my own...as far as letting me process their images of me...some are cool with it, because they know that i am capable of handling of editing my images...some like it because they have other work to do and helps in their workload and honestly i love editing images...most of them on my port are edited by me...the ones youll have to guess wink  I build a trust factor with the photographer i work with...and in return everyone is happy...some photographers are somewhat curious to see what you can do with an image....then there are some that are picky and like to keep a certain style which is cool and i respect that....to each their own smile

You're different, you don't count, Alli. LOL

I am definitely with you about the photographer's style. I'm of the type that thinks that "less is better," and that you should do the majority of your "post-processing work" DURING the time you are shooting, not afterwards.

Some models like what I call the "plastic" look, where they almost look fake. That's not VRG's style, so I don't edit to that type of "look." Each person has their own character, and skin tones, blemishes, etc., that actually MAKE the model unique. I like to show that in my images. It's kinda cool to see what they can do with an image, but like you mentioned above, some of us are picky, and like to stick with our style.

Aug 09 06 02:58 am Link

Photographer

CAP603

Niles, Michigan, US

I dont need no Photoshop. Anytime I get a print of myself, I always give myself hair, and sometimes a moustache and glasses,  using a caryon or magic marker.

Aug 09 06 10:15 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

VRG Photography wrote:
Don't people normally use a photographer for their overall skills? Reason I ask is that I see that models don't mind shooting with a photographer, but will take the images given and edit to their own taste.

That is what happens when the photographer and the model want to make a different statement.  Of course, in a paid shoot, there is no issue.  The photographer has hired the model and it would normally be inappropriate for a model to want to change the statement they were hired to make.  In that case, a model should choose to either display an image if she was given one or she should not.  She was hired and the perrogative is that of the photographer to decide the message he wants to convey.

Where the problem comes is TFP.  Quite frankly, I don't care what terms are agreed upon between a model and photographer.  I don't do TFP but I realize that many of you do.  However, those terms need to be agreed upon in advance or negotiated at a later date.

I fully understand that there are models who are often better with Photoshop than photographers.  I am not a great photoshop master.  That isn't the point though.

My kudos go to all the models who want to edit their images and get the permission from the photographer first.  I admire people who play by the rules.

Aug 09 06 10:32 am Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

Here's my two cents: I don't care what my TFP models do with their photographs.

I don't shoot much TFP, but when I do it's just for fun, not for money.  If I expect to make money from a shoot then I hire a model to pose for it.

I don't put my name on my TFP pictures and I don't ask my TFP models to give me credit for them.  I consider TFP to be a fifty-fifty deal and if I can Photoshop the pictures from a TFP shoot then the model can too.

In my TFP modeling agreements it says:

Photographer retains copyrights to all pictures, however both photographer and model are entitled to use the pictures for separate non-exclusive commercial purposes without consent of or compensation to the other.  Photographer and model are entitled to equal value from the pictures.  Any other models participating in the same shoot will share identical rights with the above-named model.

Aug 09 06 10:48 am Link

Model

Seregon ODassey

New York, New York, US

Whoever is best at editing, Hell...whoever has the time...should do it. I don't like to edit, nor do I have the time or knowledge. I prefer the photographer to do it, except for the novices I've worked with that cant'. Just add a simple clause, and edit yourself. Just please, do actually give the model the updated copy...

Aug 09 06 10:56 am Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

This is my RAW image. I love it. But as you can see, I edited it to black and white. I have rights over my images to do whatever I want. I know the photographer wouldn't like me putting his name on anything because we were just trying out some different lighting and angles with different screens and he hasn't edited them [yet].

https://portfolios.models.com/-47359/images/image5917.jpg

Aug 09 06 11:10 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Meehan Photography wrote:
Let me state it a bit more clearly. No F'n way should anyone be altering your images without your permission.

This says it all. If it's not already stated in your model release, it should be. That is shameful and though it may be done with good intentions it's outrageous. Ok the intentions don't matter lol. I would be livid!

Aug 09 06 11:13 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Revel wrote:
I rarely trust photographers with the post-processing- a lot don't know how to handle the programs.

Both of these pictures are posted publicly here on MM- one is mine, the other is the photographer's. Which would you prefer?

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060717/22/44bc5bbb627aa_m.jpg https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060717/20/44bc3a24e5b46_m.jpg

It doesn't matter which one is preferred. I see a lot of ads that could be photoshopped to look different (not better). The photo you receive is the photographers work and regardless of how anyone thinks it could be improved (subjective) it shouldn't be touched or altered in ANY way.

Aug 09 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Ruining an image is MY job.. Thank you very much!

Aug 09 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lew of Vividere wrote:
Anyway, back to the topic, I work under a more liberal policy apparently than the current generation of photographers.  Maybe I am alone, but I give the model her set of hi res pix and that is my agreement with them.  I don't hold pix back, I don't give them shrunk versions, I don't force them to use my logo when they have equal rights, and I don't restrict their creativity with the pix.   Maybe I am the lone stranger when it comes to being "fair" to the models and giving them equal value for their time.

Sounds more like being foolish than being fair to me.

Aug 09 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:
I have rights over my images to do whatever I want.

This is not a slam, but the question is, how did you get those rights?  Did you ask for them when you shot with the photographer?

Aug 09 06 11:24 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

What about models who are also photographers, practice photoshop 20-40 hrs a week and get secret editing as well as not so secret editing rights, show the pics to the photographer, who then tells them to edit more so he can put it in his new book?

Aug 09 06 11:27 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:
I have rights over my images to do whatever I want.

Only if the photographer was paid or signed those rights over to you.

This is endemic (the whole argument, not just this statement) of something I've been seeing more & more with models demanding all the RAW files at ful size high res and then saying they have the right & will edit them however they want, even in a PAID SHOOT.

That's not only wrong, unfair, and of questionable legality (unless a photographer signs those rights away) but it seems terribly follish & counterproductive to me.

First of all, as an artist I don't want my name out there associated with images I'm not happy with or that I feel make my work look poor.
Second, if someone approaches me for work it's because I have a "look" or style they appreciate and want for themselves, so why in the world wouldn't they want me to create it for them??  All the models here saying "I'm better than the photographers and can make myself look better" ok fine, use a self timer or pay some guy to shoot plain images of you & then do what you want.  But why go to a quality photographer & then mangle his work???
Find someone whose work you like or do it yourself.

Aug 09 06 11:31 am Link

Model

_Tabitha_Rose_

Chicago, Illinois, US

Revel wrote:
I rarely trust photographers with the post-processing- a lot don't know how to handle the programs.

Both of these pictures are posted publicly here on MM- one is mine, the other is the photographer's. Which would you prefer?

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060717/22/44bc5bbb627aa_m.jpg https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060717/20/44bc3a24e5b46_m.jpg

the black and white one..

Aug 09 06 11:32 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Lapis wrote:
What about models who are also photographers, practice photoshop 20-40 hrs a week and get secret editing as well as not so secret editing rights, show the pics to the photographer, who then tells them to edit more so he can put it in his new book?

Well, there is only one Lapis.

But the OP is asking about editing WITHOUT the rights to edit the photos.

Aug 09 06 11:35 am Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

no. I don't think I can do better than any photographer. I was just playing around on my b/f's old system. I got paid for my time and the photographer signed the release form that says he can only use my images if I give him permission to.

Aug 09 06 11:35 am Link

Model

_Tabitha_Rose_

Chicago, Illinois, US

What if the model doesnt like the way the photographer edits things.. I dont see why the model isnt allowed to edit her own images however she should always say that she edited them herself. I edit a lot of my own images if I am handed a CD and if the photographer wont do them for me. I had to edit a lot of photos done by this one photog (i wont mention any names) because not only does he not edit whatI ask him to do, he didnt edit ANY of my images.. I dont think the model should 'redo' an image that the photog already edited.. but she should be allowed to edit her raw images w/out the photogs name on it if he is embarressed.. and if her images SUCKS.. well that makes HER look bad.... if the photogs name is on the pic..well she should make it clear that SHE edited it.. ya know?

Aug 09 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

_Tabitha_Rose_ wrote:
I dont see why the model isnt allowed to edit her own images however she should always say that she edited them herself.

This isn't a slam but the answer is that isn't the way copyright law works.  The photographer, not the model owns the copyright (unless it is transferred or shared with the model in writing which is rare).  Most models don't understand that.

Copyright gives the photographer alone the right to modify or control who can modify his images.  The law is unambiguous.

That having been said, if you want to edit your photographs, just negotiate that with the photographer in advance.  Some will let you do it, others will not.  If they say no, then you can decide if you want to work with them or not.

The bottom line though is that the law is the law.  My point is not to criticize models who want to edit their images but to teach them to negotiate the issue with the photographer before they shoot.  Once there is an agreement, there is no misunderstanding.

Aug 09 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Oh Thank you for the images Mr. Weston, Mr. Adams, I just wanted to flatten out the tonality a bit, crop out the Half Dome and Pepper and use that instead. Hope you don't mind!?! He He LOL smile

Oh My Christ!

WHY is this thread two F'n pages? Don't do it!

There is a reason original first prints are WORTH soooooo much more than second printings, because it represents the photographers VISION as he had it in that moment.

F'n NUTS... SERENITY NOW!

Aug 09 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Oh well, it's their image. You're not their manager worrying about the best possible image they could be represented by. So why worry? It's not like it must be in your portfolio all messed up right? If the image is copywritten (ie registered) or being used in a Gucci ad campaign, I could see you getting upset by this. But then they wouldn't be altering it at that point anyway.

Or...maybe..just maybe they have a better image? Can you provide examples and let us be the judge? I would be eager to see some.

Aug 09 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

I think it's interesting to see all the radically different responses an issue like this receives -- I'm fascinated by the "moral" tone so many of us take -- as though there really is only one proper and definitive answer, and anybody who does it differently than we do is wrong, stupid, ruining the business, etc.

Coming out of the corporate world, I'm surprised to see so many photographers say they NEVER let anybody edit their work. I know several rather large multibillion dollar companies that stipulation would immediately disqualify you from working with.

To the best of my knowledge, an awful lot of legitimate of editorial and advertising clients specifically require the right to manipulate the photos -- with no opportunity for the photographer to approve or accept the alterations.

Coming out of this background, I find it difficult to get excited and ready to fight about a model changing my images. Yes, legally they may not have a right to do it, but I'm not sure I could summon up the sense of moral outrage I hear in this thread.

Perhaps in the art world, or the portrait photography business, it's more common for the photographer to closely control the rights to editing their work. But in the commercial world I am familiar with both as photographer and client, it's customary for clients to edit and retouch rather freely. . .

Paul

Aug 09 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Troy Council

Brooklyn, New York, US

I request that I do all retouch to my photographs to my models. due to fact I have over 10 years exp. with photoshop and other high end software packages. Just like when you want to use part of someone image in the grapic art field, simply "Ask first!"

Aug 09 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Ailgif Studios

Portland, Arkansas, US

This has been a good post for me.  I've learned a lot as a photographer.  The one thing I've yet to do is create a document that states what the model has the right to do with the image once I'm done.

I do offer in my service one re-edit for free if they don't like what I've done with the skin tones and crop.  After that they need to pay for it.

It does sound like I need to add an additional clause.

What I think is the right thing for any model to do that decides to change what they hired someone else to do, is make it very very very abundantly clear who edited the photo.  They can state, photograph by: PHOTOGRAPHERS NAME   edited: MODELS NAME...

I think what happens a lot of times is not everyone understands the copyright laws...Unless the photographer gives the model a signed copyright release for that image or sells you the negatives out right, you as the model do not own the copyright to the photograph and under law are not able to reproduce it or change it until the photographer has been dead for 75 years.

And no-one should ever crop a photographers name off of it.

Aug 09 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:
This is my RAW image. I love it. But as you can see, I edited it to black and white. I have rights over my images to do whatever I want. I know the photographer wouldn't like me putting his name on anything because we were just trying out some different lighting and angles with different screens and he hasn't edited them [yet].

https://portfolios.models.com/-47359/images/image5917.jpg

*Holds up cross in BronxBeauty's direction* Back!  BACK I say! haha.  Just keeding.

Seriously though.. he who mashes the button owns the picture.  Read that again.  So...unless your button-masher gave you *permission* to edit that photo, you're breaking all kinds of icky laws... both legal, and moral.

To the rest of you: If you look at a button-mashers port, and you think "I'm going to have to fix this and that and...blah blah".. why work with him?  Free does not always equal good.. yes?

To the OP: Go to her house, kick in the door, kidnap her favorite teddy-bear, and send her an arm in the mail.  Tell her that the bear loses an apendage for every hour that the mangled photo is still up.  If that doesn't work.. get all legal-like on her ass.  If you drop the soap on this one, then we'll(other photogs) have to deal with her and her morally-bankrupt tendendies later.

*Forest Gump voice..* I'm off to mush me sum buttuns.
-D

Aug 09 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

**Coming out of the corporate world, I'm surprised to see so many photographers say they NEVER let anybody edit their work.**

Commercial work and Personal artistic statements are two different animals. SURRRRE clone out that DIODE that runs into the words, no problemo.

Aug 09 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

A Errico Media LLC FIT

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

Artistic Impressions wrote:
I have experienced that problem with a few models that I sent a few images to so they could post them on their portfolio.Same thing:They incorrectly re -cropped them,turned a beautiful color image into a dreary dull black/white one.I am embarassed to have my name attached to them now.I just recently amended my model release to address this specific issue,NO changes with any images without prior SPECIFIC authorization in writing ! Period.If anyone is interested in it,I can attach the new release to an email message.

Please do and thanks... [email protected]

Alexander

Aug 09 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

A Errico Media LLC FIT

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

It doesn't matter which one is preferred. I see a lot of ads that could be photoshopped to look different (not better). The photo you receive is the photographers work and regardless of how anyone thinks it could be improved (subjective) it shouldn't be touched or altered in ANY way.

Thank you...well said

Aug 09 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Demarcus Freeman wrote:
*Holds up cross in BronxBeauty's direction* Back!  BACK I say! haha.  Just keeding.

Seriously though.. he who mashes the button owns the picture.  Read that again.  So...unless your button-masher gave you *permission* to edit that photo, you're breaking all kinds of icky laws... both legal, and moral.

To the rest of you: If you look at a button-mashers port, and you think "I'm going to have to fix this and that and...blah blah".. why work with him?  Free does not always equal good.. yes?

To the OP: Go to her house, kick in the door, kidnap her favorite teddy-bear, and send her an arm in the mail.  Tell her that the bear loses an apendage for every hour that the mangled photo is still up.  If that doesn't work.. get all legal-like on her ass.  If you drop the soap on this one, then we'll(other photogs) have to deal with her and her morally-bankrupt tendendies later.

-D

You know -- all you guys shaking the law books in the model's general direction are absolutely right -- but I can't help but wonder -- with all the strident voices defending the intellectual property rights of the photographer here -- I wonder how many of those same screamers are using pirated versions of photoshop or photoshop plug-ins, running on a pirated version of Windows XP, while listening to pirated music downloaded from a file-sharing service? It would really make my day to know the answer to this question!

To those of you who have a legal license for all the software on your computer, and all the movies and music in your library -- I congratulate you -- continue ranting, by all means! The rest of you hypocrites who rant about property rights while listening to stolen music and editing on stolen software -- shame on you.

Paul

Aug 09 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Meehan Photography wrote:
**Coming out of the corporate world, I'm surprised to see so many photographers say they NEVER let anybody edit their work.**

Commercial work and Personal artistic statements are two different animals. SURRRRE clone out that DIODE that runs into the words, no problemo.

I hear you -- but the sad thing is -- just as the commercial world has gotten wiser and more savvy about rights, and is increasingly strangling the photographer, so it will go with models.

The more we talk about these issues, the more law we throw at models, the more often they will start demanding more rights from the "personal artistic statement" work they do with photographers.

Overall, I'm not sure that it wouldn't be better for photographers to just let them edit if they want. I'm unconvinced that it would do anyone's career damage, and I AM convinced that all this discussion and focus on releases and usage agreements will ultimately result in clients (including models) becoming more knowledgable, and photographers giving up even more rights than we already do today.

When faced with overwhelming pressure, it's tempting to fight every little battle as though it were our last -- but the wise general knows that you have to pick your battles carefully. I'm not sure this is a hill worth defending, much less dying on.

Paul

Aug 09 06 12:11 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Demarcus Freeman wrote:

-D

I do have the rights. Its not like I do it all the time. That washed out image on the first page will stop me from ever doing it again. But I do get a lot of compliments on the black & white one only because its not just black and white - its black & white, and green and purple and blue and red and lighter and darker and black & white again and Tada! Told ya, I was just trying it for the first time. I will never be able to recreate that image again using the RAW photo.

Aug 09 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

bang bang photo wrote:
To those of you who have a legal license for all the software on your computer, and all the movies and music in your library -- I congratulate you -- continue ranting, by all means! The rest of you hypocrites who rant about property rights while listening to stolen music and editing on stolen software -- shame on you.

Actually, I have a legal copy of all the software on my system.  I do believe in intellectual property rights.

I really want to make my position clear.  I happen to agree, that there is little harm in a model asking a photographer for permission to edit an image.  I rarely do TFP, but quite frankly, I am not one who cares if a model edits.

I just don't think it is about hypocracy.  I think it is learning the rights of each party and respecting them.  I am equally concerned when a photographer uses an image without getting a release from a model.  I have participated just as many times in threads where I criticize photographers for torturing the law to give the impression that they can use an image any way, any time without a release.

My belief is that the more we all know about the rights and obligations of both the model and the photographer, the more likely we are to avoid problems.

Aug 09 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

By Lawrence Photography

If you see the model has edited an image and you don't like it, ask them to replace it with one that you have edited for them.

I shoot a lot of models and they are so happy with the work they can't wait to post it most send an email and tell me what they have posted.
It also gives me an idea of what images they want me to edit for them and I have never had a model refuse to change an online images after my edit.

So lighten up and work with the model; it's a great thing they want to use your work.

Aug 09 06 12:26 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Actually, I have a legal copy of all the software on my system.  I do believe in intellectual property rights.

I really want to make my position clear.  I happen to agree, that there is little harm in a model asking a photographer for permission to edit an image.  I rarely do TFP, but quite frankly, I am not one who cares if a model edits.

I just don't think it is about hypocracy.  I think it is learning the rights of each party and respecting them.  I am equally concerned when a photographer uses an image without getting a release from a model.  I have participated just as many times in threads where I criticize photographers for torturing the law to give the impression that they can use an image any way, any time without a release.

My belief is that the more we all know about the rights and obligations of both the model and the photographer, the more likely we are to avoid problems.

AHEM to that! smile

Aug 09 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

I generally agree with you -- and by the way, have often enjoyed and learned from your participation in those sorts of discussions in the past.

I guess my point is -- there needs to be balance in these things. It's a little like Walmart -- up until recently, they had a zero-tolerance policy for shoplifting, and they prosecuted the guy who stole a $2.00 pack of batteries as vigorously as someone who stole $2000. Law enforcement hated it, because doing five hours of paperwork for a $2 theft wasn't good policy.

Another side of the same thing -- the answer you hear here SO often is -- always get a lawyer's opinion. The problem is, given the value of the transactions we're typically talking about, the only one who makes any money turns out to be the lawyer.

I suspect we're more in agreement than not -- I agree that knowledge is power. I personally would just be happier if photographers showed more finesse and less stridency in defending their rights.

Aug 09 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

bang bang photo wrote:
You know -- all you guys shaking the law books in the model's general direction are absolutely right -- but I can't help but wonder -- with all the strident voices defending the intellectual property rights of the photographer here -- I wonder how many of those same screamers are using pirated versions of photoshop or photoshop plug-ins, running on a pirated version of Windows XP, while listening to pirated music downloaded from a file-sharing service? It would really make my day to know the answer to this question!

Paul

My copy of xp is legit, and I have a legit copy of photoshop.

That being said.. we're all sinners.  If it was a rule that we had to wait until we were 100% pure before we were allowed to raise our hand.. nothing would ever get done.  It's a good thing for the rest of the world that that only seems to be *your* rule.  smile

I'd be willing to bet that you've dubbed a tape, or copied a game or two in your lifetime.

Aug 09 06 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

bang bang photo wrote:
I think it's interesting to see all the radically different responses an issue like this receives -- I'm fascinated by the "moral" tone so many of us take -- as though there really is only one proper and definitive answer, and anybody who does it differently than we do is wrong, stupid, ruining the business, etc.

Coming out of the corporate world, I'm surprised to see so many photographers say they NEVER let anybody edit their work. I know several rather large multibillion dollar companies that stipulation would immediately disqualify you from working with.

To the best of my knowledge, an awful lot of legitimate of editorial and advertising clients specifically require the right to manipulate the photos -- with no opportunity for the photographer to approve or accept the alterations.

Coming out of this background, I find it difficult to get excited and ready to fight about a model changing my images. Yes, legally they may not have a right to do it, but I'm not sure I could summon up the sense of moral outrage I hear in this thread.

Perhaps in the art world, or the portrait photography business, it's more common for the photographer to closely control the rights to editing their work. But in the commercial world I am familiar with both as photographer and client, it's customary for clients to edit and retouch rather freely. . .

Paul

None of this applies to the discussion lol.  Commercial clients pay you for a product.. they can do with it as they wish.  Not only that, but I'm sure that their right to edit the images is stipulated in the contract, and your signing it implies consent.

No such consent was given to the model.. she simply took liberties that were not given to her.

Aug 09 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Demarcus Freeman wrote:

My copy of xp is legit, and I have a legit copy of photoshop.

That being said.. we're all sinners.  If it was a rule that we had to wait until we were 100% pure before we were allowed to raise our hand.. nothing would ever get done.  It's a good thing for the rest of the world that that only seems to be *your* rule.  smile

I'd be willing to bet that you've dubbed a tape, or copied a game or two in your lifetime.

Just trying to keep things in perspective. Of course I've dubbed a tape. But then, I'm not the one jumping up and down insisting that all my property rights be honored all the time.

But you're right -- I do think that if you're going to insist that others follow the exact letter of the law, it's a pretty good thing to do so yourself. Otherwise, you run the danger of deserving the label, "hypocrite."

Personally, I think the world WOULD be a better place if more people actually followed the rules they try to set down for other people to follow. I can't agree with you that it's a good thing for people to be hypocrites.

Paul

Aug 09 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

Lapis wrote:

I'd say that a model who is also a photographer already knows the rules(hence the "secret" part), and is even more guilty than all the rest.  The fact that the other photographer approved later, does not excuse the fact that permission wasn't asked for first.

So there. smile

Aug 09 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

_Tabitha_Rose_ wrote:

the black and white one..

What was that blur??  Oh.. that was the point.. I guess you missed it.

I'm such a smart-ass today lol.  Sorry smile

Aug 09 06 01:21 pm Link