Forums > General Industry > I'm new and don't know what to charge. Help!

Model

Bon-Bon

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

I'm doing my first paid shoot and we haven't discussed exact compensation yet.  What is the going rate for a model doing an implied nude?

Aug 08 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

The most important factor here is USAGE.

And we'll let you off the hook this once, but never again agree to a shoot without all parties involved agreeing to the terms of  compensation.

Aug 08 06 10:06 am Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I agree with Mr. Diaz but will also give you just a very general estimate for something of that nature.. I might charge $50/hr. You'll be nude for the shoot but nothing will "show" in the final images.

Aug 08 06 10:14 am Link

Model

Bon-Bon

The photographer will be using them for a gallery show and to sell them.  I don't know what the going rate is.  I guess would even help

Aug 08 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

You are not the first model to ask this question.  Under the Forums main menu is a Search function.  Search for "rates" and you'll find plenty of information.  You will not however find a simple answer.  What to charge is a question you will have to decide for yourself.

Aug 08 06 10:22 am Link

Model

Bon-Bon

thanks everyone

Aug 08 06 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

I've reviewed your current port and since you really really NEED quality there I'd say anything from TFP/CD on up would be adequate compensation.

Aug 08 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Aug 09 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

You could research what photographers generally pay in your market. Search zip codes in the Browse section for yours and nearby. Make contact with the other talent in your area and don't forget to include the MUA and STYLIST talent. You would do well to reshoot your port, sometimes TFP or TFP/CD means you get to have some pictures taken that you want and the photographer gets to take the pictures he wants. Not a bad deal for you if he is excellent.

Aug 09 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

MSN just today has posted pay rates for different jobs.

One of them is figure (nude) modelling:

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn … 80240-R4-4

Hope that helps...

Aug 09 06 09:59 pm Link