Forums > General Industry > that time of year?

Model

Coco from Houston

Houston, Texas, US

IS THIS TRUE THAT DURING THE 4TH QUARTER OF THE YEAR MODELING GIGS BECOME SLOW TO COME BY?

DOES THAT ALSO MEAN ITS NOT GOOD TO TRY AND GET INTO AN AGENCY BECAUSE OF THE LIKELYNESS TO GET "TURNED AROUND"???

:::COCO:::
http://GetCoco.NET

Aug 08 06 03:34 am Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

Excellent question, I would like to know..

Aug 08 06 08:26 am Link

Model

TheArchon

Pemberton, New Jersey, US

YES, to the first question, NO to the second.

In addition to modeling, I am also the frontman of my own original band.
The 4th quarter is also referred to as the "starving artist quarter"
Labels stop signing new bands for the year, agencies slowly decline in new hires for models. 

But stop trying? NO!!!  NOW is the time to network your ass off, so that come the first quarter of the new fiscal year, you'll be at the gates when they open.  You'll be turned away now, maybe...or you might luck out. The idea from here on out is to be REMEMBERED, even if turned away now.

Aug 08 06 01:53 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I think I recall last winter it slowing down a bit.

many people are doing x mas stuff and retail is in full swing so people are buying & spending time with families not taking photographs.

If it is a slow period every year then that make it easer to plan for the slow time

and use that time to update web sites, comp cards, email lists, network, taxes, and maybe a buisness course or two.

Iona Lynn

Aug 08 06 02:06 pm Link

Model

Coco from Houston

Houston, Texas, US

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,

I KNOW ABOUT THE 4 QUARTER OF THE YEAR IN THE MUSIC WORLD THATS WHY I ASKED BE CAUSE IM TAKING A TRIP TO LA NEXT MONTH TO GO TO A FEW DEFFERENT TALENT/MODELING AGENCIES AND WANT TO KNOW:

SHOULD I NOT GO BECUASE IT JUST MIGHT BE A WASTE OF TIME???

:::COCO:::
HTTP://WWW.GETCOCO.NET

Aug 09 06 02:40 pm Link