Forums > General Industry > "War Stories", anecdotes, and tales of mayhem...

Model

TheArchon

Pemberton, New Jersey, US

Here's my submission: "Hanging In There"
Pain can do interesting things to the flow of time.
I went on assignment to do a "pagan crucifiction" themed shoot.
Soooooo...
I found myself suspended between two trees by my wrists, with coarse hemp rope.  The kind that bites in a little bit.  I was given a stool to reach with my toes to help support a little bit, but in order to get the tautness of the rope into the photos, I did not have much slack.  The stool might as well not even have been there...or so I thought at the time, but I'll come to that.  This, folks, was not just for a few shots of me hanging there, and then I get cut down.  This was for a few shots of the ropes...a few of my wrists...then my forearms...then torso...then other arm, then midsection, pelvis...you get the idea.  Then, my photographer got to my feet.  He said "Take a deep one."
He then pulled the stool.  The ropes dug in even more, and he took the final shots that pulled it ALL together...the feet; with 10 inches of air between them, and the ground, and lastly, the face shot.  He said "Try to relax your expression as much as you can, toward expressionlessness.
I actually managed it.  The worst part of the whole experience was: It was, for the most part, my idea to hang there.  The shoot lasted about an hour and a half.  Hanging there, it seemed to me to be alot longer.  Alot...longer. It took two weeks for the marks on my wrists to heal.

How did it come out?
Maybe I'll post it.

Aug 07 06 11:37 am Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ok....

Aug 07 06 11:51 am Link