Forums > General Industry > Wants Me For His Magazine

Model

Taimak

New York, New York, US

Hello there's a legitimate magazine that wants to do an article and shoot a layout of me in Texas.

Besides taking care of expenses, what type of per diem do you think I should ask for?

Taimak

Aug 07 06 10:46 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I mean no offense, I'm just genuinely perplexed by this. . .
You "starred" in a feature film in 1985 and don't know what to charge someone for a magazine spread?  I would think that a 42 yr old with THAT kind of experience would know the answer to such a question.

Which is more important to you. . .
Money
or
Exposure/A comeback??

Aug 07 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

Taimak wrote:
Hello there's a legitimate magazine that wants to do an article and shoot a layout of me in Texas.

Besides taking care of expenses, what type of per diem do you think I should ask for?

I would be suspicious of the legitimacy of any magazine that asks how much you want to be paid; magazines have set budgets, and have always told me up front what they're willing to pay me for any work.

If a magazine did ask me how much I wanted, I would "highball" them; then if they said my price was too high I'd invite them to make a counter offer.

Aug 07 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Ignore Jayne... she is crying the bitter tears of someone who is having trouble making it.

Absolutely LOVE The Last Dragon, and I'm guessing the interview is about your new movie?  If it is about your new movie, then you probably shouldn't charge anything...just use the opportunity to promote it.  If it's a "where are they now" type thing you might want to consider your rates for personal appearances, but also consider the amount of circulation in to the equation...if the magazine isn't huge/isn't circulated much, then it's not really worth as much as either a promotion or as an appearance.

Aug 07 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

After the Last Dragon you just faded.  What happened?  You're a good
looking guy.  You act okay and you've got mad skills.  Aren't you one of
Master Ron's guys.  I always thought you were a Goju-ryu stylist.
Anyway magazines as I understand if don't have big budgets (many anyway)
ask what they offer besides travel and hotel.  I suspect it may be just that
with food.

Aug 07 06 11:34 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

James Jackson wrote:
Ignore Jayne... she is crying the bitter tears of someone who is having trouble making it.
. . .

Actually dear, the only tears I cry are from your rejection.  Why must you deny me so???

Aug 07 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Photo Graffix

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

whoa ....hold on a sec.... you were in "the last dragon"....

"yo Leeroy!!!"   

great F'n movie.... i was a teen then... all i did was pretend that i knew nun-chukas and that i had the "glow"

by the way i am glad you saved your dojo...

why not see if they will make a sequel.... but 80''s style once again...

-Greg

Aug 07 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Jayne Jones wrote:

Actually dear, the only tears I cry are from your rejection.  Why must you deny me so???

It's not your looks... I'm quite impressed with your photo from Scott Anderson... but your attitude, there's some bit of negative energy there Jayne, and it hurts...it really hurts.

Aug 07 06 11:47 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

James Jackson wrote:
It's not your looks... I'm quite impressed with your photo from Scott Anderson... but your attitude, there's some bit of negative energy there Jayne, and it hurts...it really hurts.

I suppose it wasn't supposed to hurt when you called me a wannabe internet model troll???  Hmmm???  And all because I asked that a question be quantified with facts and not over inflated self absorbing egos.

Aug 07 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Jayne Jones wrote:

Jayne Jones wrote:

I suppose it wasn't supposed to hurt when you called me a wannabe internet model troll???  Hmmm???  And all because I asked that a question be quantified with facts and not over inflated self absorbing egos.

Um, no, it's because when presented with an answer, qualified with facts and figures, you turned around and called me a liar.

Aug 07 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Taimak

New York, New York, US

Jane I was just interested in everyones opinion here no assumptions please....you know what that leads to:)

Everybody else thanks for the advice.
Hope we all can get along...hahaha

Be Love,
Taimak

Aug 09 06 01:21 pm Link