Forums > Newbie Forum > someone starting off

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

For someone just starting off and at only 17 will work be easy or hard....

I barely make enough cash and don't have one agency...the work I have done were basic and all TFP's

The photographers didn't take it seriously and My hope was let down...what should I do...explain step by step...

and do I at least have what it takes?

QUICK QUESTION
Whats an easy way to avoid pimples and keep a clear face

Aug 05 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

difrusciaphotography

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Quite honestly man, just keep at it.

Your going to get some good ones, some bad ones and some who just don't give a shit. Try and sort out those who you don't think are serious and when you find a photographer that produces results that you like AND with whom you develop a good shooting rapport, stick to him/her like glue. They will also appreciate it. I'd also try to develop a book of strong shots, even a small one, and have a few photographer contacts to bring along with you before looking into an agency.

About the acne - no clue.

If by chance you end up in Montreal, look me up. I work TFP.

Good luck

Aug 05 06 12:42 pm Link

Model

BabyBrat

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hey just like me, you are up and coming. Keep with it!  I know i gotta tell myseof that everyday.

As far as the acne goes....if you are stressing out a lot they will appear more...as well as the foods you eat.. IF you eat a ton of greasy types or if you eat a ton of acidy types of foods.  test out what it is by keeping a close eye out for whatever could trigger it.  sometimes its even candy.

Hope that helps

Ione

Aug 05 06 01:37 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Ione wrote:
Hey just like me, you are up and coming. Keep with it!  I know i gotta tell myseof that everyday.

As far as the acne goes....if you are stressing out a lot they will appear more...as well as the foods you eat.. IF you eat a ton of greasy types or if you eat a ton of acidy types of foods.  test out what it is by keeping a close eye out for whatever could trigger it.  sometimes its even candy.

Hope that helps

Ione

Your a great help..thank you

Aug 05 06 03:09 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

So how should I go about modeling (since I'm new at it) and college....could I still go to school and also focus on modeling as well?

Aug 05 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Korey S

Ashtabula, Ohio, US

Hi! I'm a little younger than you and new to this site. I've been dabbling in modeling for a little over a year. Do alot of TFCD's and build a strong portfolio. If you can, take a buddy with you on shoots. I take my mom, of course, and sometimes a friend, and it usually works out great! But I've started to get a little more aggressive with this and am getting some pay with my shoots now. It takes some time this way but unless you get really lucky and get "discovered" by a big agency, it seems to be the only way to do it. I have also had some places contact me and want me to sign with them but I'd have to pay them or take classes. DON'T DO THAT!! They should be paying YOU for your services, not the other way around. Good luck with your modeling! (I'm from Ohio, too!)

Aug 05 06 06:07 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Korey S wrote:
Hi! I'm a little younger than you and new to this site. I've been dabbling in modeling for a little over a year. Do alot of TFCD's and build a strong portfolio. If you can, take a buddy with you on shoots. I take my mom, of course, and sometimes a friend, and it usually works out great! But I've started to get a little more aggressive with this and am getting some pay with my shoots now. It takes some time this way but unless you get really lucky and get "discovered" by a big agency, it seems to be the only way to do it. I have also had some places contact me and want me to sign with them but I'd have to pay them or take classes. DON'T DO THAT!! They should be paying YOU for your services, not the other way around. Good luck with your modeling! (I'm from Ohio, too!)

Wow so you got some major experience under your belt congrats You know if you ever need to model with someone I'm always up to help..... I like your look alot it kinda discourages me in a way because your younger....

Aug 05 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

big_smile

Aug 05 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Olof Wessels

Heemskerk, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Okay seriously,

You'll need a lot better pics then you have now, what I see in your portfolio is either underexposed, overexposed, out of focus or just bad photography. Sorry but thats just the way it is.
First get yourself in contact with some decent photographers, be prepared to invest in a real good shoot eventhough you have little money, staring at your pics and saying they aren't any good isn't going to get you anywhere.
Shoot, shoot, shoot and then do some more shoots thats all you can do about it to get it better and make the time to do them.
You got a nice face, good body so there's definitely a chance for you but you'll have to put in all your freetime to make this work m8, work and photographers won't come to you, you'll have to find them.

Cheers and GL

Olof

Aug 05 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Olof Wessels wrote:
Okay seriously,

You'll need a lot better pics then you have now, what I see in your portfolio is either underexposed, overexposed, out of focus or just bad photography. Sorry but thats just the way it is.
First get yourself in contact with some decent photographers, be prepared to invest in a real good shoot eventhough you have little money, staring at your pics and saying they aren't any good isn't going to get you anywhere.
Shoot, shoot, shoot and then do some more shoots thats all you can do about it to get it better and make the time to do them.
You got a nice face, good body so there's definitely a chance for you but you'll have to put in all your freetime to make this work m8, work and photographers won't come to you, you'll have to find them.

Cheers and GL

Olof

big_smile Thanks for your advice... I loved the cheers to close your comment it was a nice touch...anywho I understand I really dont have good pics and I can't believe I actually came to MM with the pics I have... It not only makes me look bad as a model but it show others I'm unprofessional... I don't know I just really am trying to get work its hard to find it and its hard to find willing photographers

Aug 05 06 08:15 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

big_smile

Aug 05 06 08:50 pm Link