Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Are you a GWC?  What is a GWC... really.

The people who shoot for Playgirl -- is it guys or girls?  If guys, are they gay or straight? 

If you're a male photographer, would you accept a job shooting for Playgirl?  A regular high paying job?

If not...

Is it possible most photographers are GWCs... just some with more talent than others?

Aug 04 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

The GWC acronym describes a person that owns a camera, but the main objective is not to create photos, which would warrant the term "photographer".

The GWC's ("Guy With Camera") sole objective is to get laid, to get dates or at least to see boobies, by using his camera.

Please make a note of that difference!

The distinction between most professional photographers and many amateur photographers is not the quality of their work, but the source of income... both should be expected to conduct their photoshoots in a "professional" manner.

You can also check Model Mayhem's Frequently Asked Questions at: https://www.modelmayhem.com/faq.php#q16

UdoR

Hence, the ONLY real test is the following question:

Are you using the camera as a tool to get dates or get laid, with the pretention to create "art"?

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

If you check "Yes"... you are a GWC!

Simple... wink

Oh, and if Playgirl wants me to shoot for them, and they pay well... hellyeah... why not?! I just don't think that I am good at that glamour stuff... but I learn fast if I have to.

Aug 04 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Norton

New York, New York, US

I once knew a guy who shot for playgirl.. he was not gay, just a professional.. some of us don't suffer from homophobia.

Aug 04 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

UdoR wrote:
Hence, the ONLY real test is the following question:

Are you using the camera as a tool to get dates or get laid, with the pretention to create "art"?

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

If you check "Yes"... you are a GWC!

Simple... wink

[x] Yes

So far it hasn’t worked though sad

Aug 04 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

JM Dean wrote:
[x] Yes

So far it hasn’t worked though sad

You may need a bigger lens maybe? tongue

Aug 04 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

UdoR wrote:

You may need a bigger lens maybe? tongue

Thats got to be it!

Aug 04 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Daniel Norton wrote:
I once knew a guy who shot for playgirl.. he was not gay, just a professional.. some of us don't suffer from homophobia.

Are you sure about that?  I'm having a hard time believing a guy who shoots naked guys for a living doesnt harbor some kind of latent homosexual feelings.  Heh.  I said hard time.

Aug 04 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Isn't glamour just throwing a flash behind the model?

Sure I would do it. smile

Aug 04 06 05:42 pm Link