Forums > General Industry > mel gibson stunt publicity

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Seriously guys, i think Mel Gibson is acting this whole story with his Management Company, he's is all over the world right now. Every channel on earth right now is problaby showing some report, news, etc about his career, movies, "Passion of the Christ"...(his new movie btw). Why?...that's the best way you can have all the publicity in the world for free. Ask any PR and let's talk, eduardo

Aug 04 06 11:37 am Link

Model

Broken Angel

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Passion of the Christ is by no means a NEW movie. It's been out for quite awhile now!!!

He's merely trying to rekindle his career it seems but this was a crappy way of doing it.

Aug 04 06 11:47 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Broken Angel wrote:
Passion of the Christ is by no means a NEW movie. It's been out for quite awhile now!!!

He's merely trying to rekindle his career it seems but this was a crappy way of doing it.

They weren't saying that it's his new movie. He does have a newer movie coming out.

Aug 04 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

There are cases where bad publicity is still a bad thing & this's one of them.  This's already cost Mel one major production deal.
I think he really just is a druken belligerent anti-Semite.

Aug 04 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Yeah, he's one of two things -- a drunken anti-semite or a manipulative cocksucker.  I'm not sure whats worse.

Aug 04 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

fashion industry inc wrote:
Seriously guys, i think Mel Gibson is acting this whole story with his Management Company, he's is all over the world right now. Every channel on earth right now is problaby showing some report, news, etc about his career, movies, "Passion of the Christ"...(his new movie btw). Why?...that's the best way you can have all the publicity in the world for free. Ask any PR and let's talk, eduardo

I'm inclined to agree.  He has a gigantically expensive movie about to come out that nobobdy's been talking about...Rest assured the premiere will be on the front page of everything now.

I don't know why my natural cynicism didn't kick in sooner...perhaps my preparations for FetishCon next weekend distracted me.

Aug 04 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

photoseen

Los Angeles, California, US

Doesn't seem plausible

Aug 04 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

fashion industry inc wrote:

i doubt this is a PR stunt, as its weird to want to be seen as a drunk driving jew hater........i think its more to do with the fact that anti-semitism increases at certain times more than others.....usually
a) when israel is invading and slaughtering other countries whom it oppresses anyway
b) when people get drunk
c) both of the above

Aug 04 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Well, publicity means the universe to these people, sales on the whole "Passion of the Christ" cuts are now up by 35% since the "Gibson Scandal". Not to mention the new movie he still editing about the sacrifices. Very controversial movie as well. Eduardo

Aug 04 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Photografika

Utica, Michigan, US

If it was a PR stunt it was certainly a bad one. Considering how many Jews work in Hollywood and their historical contributions to the film industry in general makes you wonder what kind of a meathead this guy is. I know his dad is one of those people that thinks the Holocaust was exaggerated, so guess the apple didn't far fall from the tree...

Aug 04 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

photoseen wrote:
Doesn't seem plausible

I agree.

Aug 04 06 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

I blame the tequila!

Aug 04 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Good or Bad publicity really will not make a difference, its Mel Gibson. He is a great actor and can carry a role, a huge variety of roles even. This will not hurt his career at all.

Aug 04 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Starview Studio wrote:
If it was a PR stunt it was certainly a bad one. Considering how many Jews work in Hollywood and their historical contributions to the film industry in general makes you wonder what kind of a meathead this guy is. I know his dad is one of those people that thinks the Holocaust was exaggerated, so guess the apple didn't far fall from the tree...

Call me cynical, but I think even Jews learn to put money before faith in Hollywood [just look what doing the opposite had done for Stephen Baldwin's career].  The guy's got a movie to sell [and a lot of studio money invested in it] so what better way to get it on the front page than a "scandal"  As I recall, Hugh Grant went from being the poor man's Jeremy Irons to the A-list after his "scandal".

You can call Gibson an anti-semite, a meathead, late for dinner...anything you like, but we're all talking about him, and in Hollywood the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Aug 04 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Call me cynical, but I think even Jews learn to put money before faith in Hollywood [just look what doing the opposite had done for Stephen Baldwin's career].  The guy's got a movie to sell [and a lot of studio money invested in it] so what better way to get it on the front page than a "scandal"  As I recall, Hugh Grant went from being the poor man's Jeremy Irons to the A-list after his "scandal".

You can call Gibson an anti-semite, a meathead, late for dinner...anything you like, but we're all talking about him, and in Hollywood the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Exactly....If your not talked about, your a Has-Been in hollywood

Aug 04 06 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

I couldn't said it better myself!!!, excellent point of view so far.........

Aug 07 06 08:54 am Link

Photographer

JH Fauxtography

But wasn't his Holocaust Documentary dropped by ABC?  doesn't seem like good business sense....

I mean, Mel Gibson is hardly a has-been in the industry, he has Apocalypto coming out, HAD the Documentary he was developing.... just doesn't make sense as a publicity stunt....

now if Steve Gutenburg were to go and burn crosses... THEN i'd think it's some publicity stunt to get his name out there again smile

(though i still wouldnt go see his lame movies)

Aug 07 06 09:03 am Link

Model

Christine

Any publicity is good publicity..like Paris' tape.

Aug 07 06 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Star

I do want to state that it is hard growing up in a household that teaches you, from the time you can be taught, certain things. My Grandmother was taught that homosexuality was wrong, she used to beat my Uncle when he went out at night. But by the time he was an adult she had learned to accept him, had made lasting friendships with homosexual couples and by the time I was born was an activist for Gay rights.

However, late at night, deep into drinking which of the two moralities she had would have come out. I don't know, she never drank like that.

But Gibson has never funded an anti-semite organization, he has never spoken openly about the enviornment of hate he was raised in. He knows the things he feels are not true, not right, but he was raised to believe these things were true.

It is a testament to his strength of charecter that he has never allowed these things to affect his dealings with other people. That he has hidden these programed feelings so far into himself that they might as well not exist.

He knows better now, but deep into drinking which programming do you think has the greatest sway over his mind:

What he knows is true?

or

What he was taught is true?

Star

Aug 07 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Star

see I try well reasoned and it just goes to heck...

Aug 07 06 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

elliot goldstein

Brooklyn, New York, US

Star, your a fucking idiot.

Aug 07 06 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

Joe Holotik wrote:
But wasn't his Holocaust Documentary dropped by ABC?  doesn't seem like good business sense....

I mean, Mel Gibson is hardly a has-been in the industry, he has Apocalypto coming out, HAD the Documentary he was developing.... just doesn't make sense as a publicity stunt....

now if Steve Gutenburg were to go and burn crosses... THEN i'd think it's some publicity stunt to get his name out there again smile

(though i still wouldnt go see his lame movies)

So ABC, cancels a movie that talks about the Holocaust because someone said something bad about the Jewish population. Hmmm, now that makes perfect sense. See because the way you punish someone is to take away their project that would otherwise rebuff whatever was said in a druken tiraid.

I think that a) Mel Gibson will survive, b) ABC and most of the studios are idiots and they will all be changing their structures shortly, c) you cannot compare Hugh Grant and Mel Gibson, come one a one nigh drunker with a hooker to the mouth that roars?, and finally d) there is no one in Hollywood that is smart enough to think of a publicity stunt like this one.

Aug 08 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

elliot goldstein wrote:
Star, your a fucking idiot.

Don't you think it weakens 'your' impact when you misspell one of the words in a brief condemnation?

Aug 08 06 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

elliot goldstein

Brooklyn, New York, US

know i don't

Aug 09 06 02:46 am Link