Forums > General Industry > Man it's a jungle out there.....

Photographer

All Kinds of Photos

So many photographers after so few models. Really hard to get models to say yes to a shoot. At least it is for me.

Aug 03 06 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Doug Sampson wrote:
So many photographers after so few models. Really hard to get models to say yes to a shoot. At least it is for me.

Hmm... how much money were you offering?

Aug 03 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

All Kinds of Photos

Merlinpix wrote:

Hmm... how much money were you offering?

Been through this discussion before on another thread about inexperienced models wanting $$$, yada yada yada

I contact many about TFP and that is what they are happy with but they just won't commit.

Aug 03 06 11:27 am Link

Model

Phoenix E

there are SO many models out there.....and there are a ton of attractive people who don't label themselves as models but are certainly willing to pose....
keep in mind that some of us are just really busy with other obligations--and yes, i am more willing to shuffle my schedule when i am getting paid to do so
and sometimes you just have to ask nicely.....

Aug 03 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

All Kinds of Photos

Phoenix E wrote:
there are SO many models out there.....and there are a ton of attractive people who don't label themselves as models but are certainly willing to pose....
keep in mind that some of us are just really busy with other obligations--and yes, i am more willing to shuffle my schedule when i am getting paid to do so
and sometimes you just have to ask nicely.....

You are right Phoenix, models are busy and many that are in my area (Columbus, Toledo, Cleveland) are not pro's so I know they have jobs, boyfriends, etc. But photograpers are busy too and don't want to spend so much time messageing back and forth and back and forth for a shoot.

Aug 03 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

J. Stakeman

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

so call agencies...

Aug 03 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

greenbacks baby.......

Aug 03 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Looks to me like you're doing great, Doug.  Just don't expect to shoot a couple a week.

Paul

Aug 04 06 03:36 am Link