Forums > General Industry > App.ing to a "pro" photo studio. Resume help ques.

Photographer

Steal Your Ghost

Los Angeles, California, US

So... I've shot for a FEW pin up websites.  Alot of tightnit, granny pants wearing "we hate digital" style photographers out there... from what I know, would see "SuicideGirls.com" and go "ugh... what the hell is this!"   

So big question is... should I even list that sort of job?  If not.. since I'm just starting out... well my skills resume will seem a little blank.

My port will be large... but alot of these places seem to want a resume.  Oh and wtf is with some people still using NON digital light meters.  -_-

Aug 03 06 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

If you are going after brand name photographers in the NYC area, get rid of the horror and explicit images cause you will scare people with them. They don't really want to look at your pictures any how. They want to know will you show up everyday ready to work without signs of a hangover and that you won't pester the celbrities they shoot for auto graphs and you won't take the client aside and try to get them to look at your book. Be prepared for humiliation and rejection and keep calling until they say they will see you. Then show up in descent clothing, be polite and converse like you know the language. Maybe you'll have a shot at someone then. Be brave, it can hurt.

Aug 03 06 10:39 am Link

Photographer

J. Stakeman

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

email/fax everyone who's work you like... ask them to let your work for free.

Aug 03 06 01:45 pm Link