Forums > General Industry > Pop-up changing rooms

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Would a pop-up changing room be considered sufficient cover in locations where changing clothes in public is prohibited, such as state parks?

Has anyone ever been accused of indecency or public nudity in the course of using one?

Aug 02 06 01:09 pm Link

Model

EllenH

Los Angeles, California, US

It should be fine to use a pop-up. State parks where you camp of course have to let you change in a tent...so I don't see what the difference would be in using a pop-up.
-Ellen

Aug 02 06 01:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Many times I have helped hold up a sheet or blanket.  Never a problem.

Aug 02 06 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

I think you'll find they're more hassle than they're worth.  Mostly models just change wherever.  Some glance around to see if they have an audience first.  Sometimes holding a reflector or dropcloth in the way is a nice chivalrous gesture.

-Don

Aug 02 06 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
I think you'll find they're more hassle than they're worth.  Mostly models just change wherever.  Some glance around to see if they have an audience first.  Sometimes holding a reflector or dropcloth in the way is a nice chivalrous gesture.

-Don

Good point. It's better to have one and have the model not need it vs. the opposite.

I have worked with models that range from those that will change just about anywhere to those that insist on a real building.

Model changing time = chimp time!

Aug 02 06 05:47 pm Link