Forums > General Industry > photoserve.com and more: Users, opinions?

Photographer

Paranoid Nervosa

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hi there,

As I'm building up my location book this summer, I am looking to put myself in front of bigger, better audiences( i.e. industry people with money that like to pay photographers:)), and I'm investigating options, as well as looking for advice and critique on these avenues. 

I have a friend who just recently signed up for photoserve.com( PDNs listing site), but hasnt fully set up a profile yet.  it looks like a decent listing, but I dont know really anybody on there for a full testimonial feedback.  My same question applies to one model place.  Or, maybe you know a better pay listing thats worked for you? 

Thanks for listening.

-NJ.

Aug 02 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Paranoid Nervosa

Chicago, Illinois, US

sorry.. for some reason this post logged out earlier, so just trying to revive it.. ok, there!  Your turn:)

Aug 02 06 07:33 pm Link

Model

Tikal

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Its all about contacting everbody, contact local stores, contact big companies, local fashion designers, suicide girls is always looking for photogs but I dont remember if they get paid...In all truth your best bet is not one of these sites because it is almost completly models who are looking for tfp, and even if you list a price there are a handful of gwcs on here who will not charge... try contacting some famous photogs and ask how they got started.. like frank antonio and steve azarra (i think thats the right spelling) they charge 200+ a shoot and people pay it (they are good) but they are pretty nice and down to earth, like I said it cant hurt to ask.

Aug 02 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Paranoid Nervosa

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thanks!  It is good advice..

Honestly, word of mouth has done me wonders in the past, but on a very local scale.  Mostly trying to broaden my audience a bit.  In my dream world, I keep hoping to run into David LaChapelle out there, and pick his brain.. HA!.. but seriously, david, if you are listening:D.. Thanks for the input:)

Aug 02 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

J. Stakeman

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

you might get more response if this was in general or photography talk... people aren't really big on reading critiques....

Aug 02 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Paranoid Nervosa

Chicago, Illinois, US

J. Stakeman wrote:
you might get more response if this was in general or photography talk... people aren't really big on reading critiques....

Thanks, J.,

Yeah, this got bumped into critiques by mistake.. sorry for the confusion, but its back in general now:)

Aug 02 06 08:03 pm Link