Forums > General Industry > The Best shoot ever

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

I want to hear everyone's best shoots stories, I'm tired right now of all the negative crap. I'l start:

My shoot with George Padilla, we drove out to the Salt Flats near my hometown. Shot for about 2 hours, it was great no one bothered us since it was in the middle of no where.  Then we went back home to a hot dog resturaunt where we had a good time and ate hot dogs and fried twinkies.

Aug 02 06 04:29 am Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Too bad noone wants to respond to a positive thread sad

I don't really have one that sticks out as the best, just whenever you click with the photog and things are really rolling it's fun for me!

Aug 02 06 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

I have been lucky to have several best shoots that would be hard to pick from.  The only unfortunate thing is that my wife and I went through a hurricane in Texas and pretty much lost everything including my boxes of pictures : (  so my best film shots are gone forever.

The best one was a shoot in the Rockies with a model just before I met my wife.   She was hilarious and we spent as much time laughing as we did shooting.  The weather and scenary were spectacular and after the shoot we went swimming and sat around drinking and decided to camp overnight and shoot again at first light.

We sat around the campfire and swapped stories until we fell asleep and I woke up to the smell of coffee. We shot at first light and the lighting and Rocky Mountains as a background were incredible.  There is something about the lighting in the mountains in the very early morning...   

Well anyway  that's mine

Aug 02 06 08:50 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

I couldn't say what my "best" shoot has been: it wouldn't be fair to all the great models I've worked with!

Highlights include:

1) The "Vampire" shoot with Gashley Darcane, two other models, and a PA which started at 2 PM, lasted until 8 PM, and included a really fun dinner break with lots of talk about photography, modeling, etc. That was my first big organized shoot and it was a REAL learning experience, I can tell you.

2) Also the "Heartbreaker" shoot with Gashley Darcane which lasted a mere three hours, but for all of which the poor girl was naked on a concrete floor holding a half-thawed heart and dumping blood all over herself, in a dark basement. We still had lots of fun.

3) The "Zombie Madness" shoot with five different models which lasted all day and then turned into a "Mad Scientist" shoot with another great model who stayed late.

4) The alt fashion shoot with Angie and Medusa and the kick-ass MAU Undercover Styling which started about 11 AM, finished about 11 PM.

5) The shoot for a fashion designer who wanted to apply to Project Runway, which although I don't know if it really worked out for her, was still lots of fun and, again, VERY educational in terms of, "These models are on the clock. Shoot fast, next model, next outfit, go, go, go!"

6) Just last weekend I had two great shoots, one of which lasted from 4 PM to 11 PM (and then we got dinner) with a fantastic new model named Willow who ran around in her underpants a lot and climbed up on walls, and broke into a courtyard with me at 10 PM so we could take a picture on a big chunk of jade.

The common thread for really fun shoots is that they last forever but you don't realize it until it's time to leave and you still don't want them to end!

M

Aug 02 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

StMarc wrote:
The common thread for really fun shoots is that they last forever but you don't realize it until it's time to leave and you still don't want them to end!

M

Couldn't have said it better   Amen

Aug 02 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

the best shoots are ones where the photographer and model truly bond and you truly feel as though you have met a kindred spirit...

Aug 02 06 09:07 am Link