Forums > General Industry > STOP Asking Me to Vote Dammit!!

Photographer

Dave Blecman

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Vote for this. Vote for that. Go here and vote.

Does anyone really win anything worthwhile??

Aug 01 06 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

g2-new photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I second that.

Aug 01 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

Nothing in it for those that vote anyway. Usually the sites ask that you "register" with your email (read email collecting scam) to be able to vote.

Aug 01 06 08:01 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

oh..I thought this was talking about actual voting for a president. lol. ok..lemme see my way out.

Aug 01 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Can we take a vote on this?

Aug 01 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

One time, I asked a model to work with me and her reply was something like "Thanks, but I only do paid shoots. Oh--could you vote for me on this site?"

Go kiss a moving truck, honey.

Aug 01 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

hahahaha, well whatever it is...I'm voting Democrat smile

Aug 01 06 11:36 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

i have a link or two.
But I do not want to kill the debate.

Just say yea.
And it will be okay.

Aug 01 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

you got my vote

Aug 01 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

VOTE=VETO    I second that !!!

Aug 01 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

David (6of7) wrote:
Nothing in it for those that vote anyway. Usually the sites ask that you "register" with your email (read email collecting scam) to be able to vote.

One more reason to dislike "vote whore-ing"!

In the Internet world, "winning" means little. We are all the one-millionth visitor. No matter whether we pick Full House or Eight is Enough as the show the Olsen Twins were in, we are directed to the same link.

Aug 02 06 02:23 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Positive Negatives wrote:
Does anyone really win anything worthwhile??

Doesn't that depend on the contest?

I vote for my model friends that need votes because usually it's to work with a particular company, or for a brand or whatever...

Teaseumbikini.com has contests all the time. What you win is beyond worthwhile.

-D

Aug 02 06 02:38 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Daniela V wrote:

I vote for my model friends that need votes because usually it's to work with a particular company, or for a brand or whatever...

-D

A lot of girls get their start winning modeling contests in magazines and what not.  It can be great exposure.

Aug 02 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Daniela V wrote:

-D

I would think a legitimate contest would have its own judging panel and not depend on votes from the public!

Aug 02 06 02:58 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

rp_photo wrote:

I would think a legitimate contest would have its own judging panel and not depend on votes from the public!

Then you should check www.teaseumbikini.com. They have their own judging panel, but they also get votes from the public. Which generates exposure for their models and their site in general. And trust me, they are legitimate

Aug 02 06 03:07 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Daniela V wrote:

Then you should check www.teaseumbikini.com. They have their own judging panel, but they also get votes from the public. Which generates exposure for their models and their site in general. And trust me, they are legitimate

I agree completely.  FHM just cast me for 20 Hot Dates through a MySpace promotion.

Aug 02 06 03:08 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

vote for me!....uh, oops, wrong thread.
Isn't the whole point of getting votes in modeling and photography to see how respected you really are? I know marketing is important, but in my book, an unsolicited vote or compliment is much much more valuable. I tell people to look at my pics occasionally, but never ask for comments or tags. If people want to say good or bad things about me, or even disagree with my work, I generally just let them. In fact, there is a negative comment on one of my images now. Why don't I take it down? Because even though I disagree with this persons point of view, it is good to remind myself that not everyone is going to like or get the kind of art that I am interested in doing.

Aug 02 06 03:10 pm Link