Forums > General Industry > Where do I stand?!

Model

GemmaElizabeth

Godalming, England, United Kingdom

What happens when you do a TFCD shoot and the photographer doesn't give you the cd?! I did a shoot back in May with a top photographer from this site, with various credits in top magazines, yet I am still waiting for my copy of the shoot! I have emailed him on various occasions, and tried phoning him to find out what is going on... I got one reply a couple of weeks ago saying he thought he'd sent me one, but since then I've heard nothing!
If he isn't going to give me a copy of the shoot then what exactly can he do with my pics without my permission?
Can I report him to MM for being so elusive?
Help!!

Jul 30 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

GemmaElizabeth wrote:
What happens when you do a TFCD shoot and the photographer doesn't give you the cd?! I did a shoot back in May with a top photographer from this site, with various credits in top magazines, yet I am still waiting for my copy of the shoot! I have emailed him on various occasions, and tried phoning him to find out what is going on... I got one reply a couple of weeks ago saying he thought he'd sent me one, but since then I've heard nothing!
If he isn't going to give me a copy of the shoot then what exactly can he do with my pics without my permission?
Can I report him to MM for being so elusive?
Help!!

I always wonder about this....who are the top photographers from this site?

Jul 30 06 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Report him to MM, the MM police will have two burly guys with baseball bats go see him......NOT !

Honestly, if there is nothing in writing there is pretty much nothing you can do.

Jul 30 06 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

You Kim!

Jul 30 06 12:30 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Pintor Figurativo

South Bend, Indiana, US

Embarrasing him here will have the opposite effect for you.  Send him a polite but assertive letter via mail, not email.

Jul 30 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

GemmaElizabeth

But is he allowed to use the pics for anything? Get money for them etc? I feel I've been had!!!

Jul 30 06 12:35 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

GemmaElizabeth wrote:

Was any paperwork involved that outlined what you'd get and when, and what he can do with the images?

Jul 30 06 12:36 pm Link

Model

GemmaElizabeth

Not this time, I usually sign a model release form when I do tfcd shoots to say exactly what my rights are. But he said he's had stuff printed in loads of British mags that I didn't think about asking for any paperwork! So basically if he doesn't give it to me I've lost out?

Jul 30 06 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Well he's not being very professional.
There may be a legitimate reason, although its all too common for there not to be.
You may well have been conned.

Message him politely and ask what the delay is.

Is he legitimate about being published or blowing smoke?

Jul 30 06 01:28 pm Link