Photographer

CREATIVE EYE MEDIA

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Just wondering if others have left comments, tags or friend requests, and not have the respect returned.

Have others have sent out emails, for a request to work with models, MUP artists or photographers, and not received an email back.

I have not seen this discussed yet, and thought it was a good topic.

Jul 29 06 01:17 am Link

Model

Antrice

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have.... it's happening to me now!! lol it is a problem but I just think their really busy. But you know how on the side under your name with the message you can tell if the person you sent a message to has read your message? Well I have messages in my inbox I know have been read..... whats up with that? I mean a little yes or no or go to hell would suffice!! lol

Jul 29 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

CREATIVE EYE MEDIA wrote:
Just wondering if others have left comments, tags or friend requests, and not have the respect returned.

I don't think there's an obligation to tag or comment back.

Have others have sent out emails, for a request to work with models, MUP artists or photographers, and not received an email back

Much like submitting one's resume for a job, not hearing back from someone pretty much is your answer.  I can understand why it's vexing, but I figure if someone doesn't respond to a request to work together, what I do doesn't move them and they'd just rather not.  Particularly if a given model or makeup artist is in high demand, they probably don't have time to spend on all the no thank yous they'd have to send out.  I dunno...I'm not in that kind of demand, I can't really imagine what it's like.  wink

In any case, it isn't personal.  Some people's sense of manners dictates that a "No thank you" is in order.  Other folks presume that if they don't answer you'll understand their lack of interest.  Both approaches are valid to me.  Either way I get the message!

Jul 29 06 01:49 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I give out comments, tags, and friend requests freely.  I have no expectations for anything in return.  To have such expectations, I believe, would be disingenuous.

The second part has been beaten into the ground many, many times.  Basically, yes it would be nice if everyone responded to every email, but get over it when they don't.

Jul 29 06 02:51 am Link

Photographer

miss z

San Francisco, California, US

I give comments and tags sparingly, and in replies on that arena as well.  But I have always responded to my MM mail --- professional discussions or friendly chats.

Jul 29 06 02:54 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Zorina Seva wrote:
I give comments and tags sparingly, and in replies on that arena as well.  But I have always responded to my MM mail --- professional discussions or friendly chats.

I feel the same way.

Jul 29 06 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

For me, I just don't want a friend request from strangers, and my profile states that (in bold letters).  Still, I get requests from people I don't know, and yes, I ignore them.

Further, I don't feel obligated to return a tag or a comment from anyone who tags or leaves a comment for me.  Comment and/or tag my work if it inspires you to do so, and I will do the same.  Heck, I don't even visit everyone who tags/comments me.  I don't have that much time on my hands.

I will, however, strive to return e-mails, even when the reply is "no, thank you".

I don't see why not returning unsolicited tags/comments is disrespectful.

Jul 29 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

I have work to give an can't get makeup artists to reply to my e-mails.  I have no idea why people would put up images saying they want to work and not contact a photographer that shows interest.  It's very frustrating.  So, any makeup artists in the Baltimore/Baltimore County/ Harford County area who want to work...contact me!

Amy Jones
amyjphoto.com

Jul 29 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Tags and Comments? Pft!  I don't even read them most days

Friend requests...sorry...not unless I've worked with you/met you

MM Mail or real email - will be replied to promptly whether I like the idea or don't like the idea.  That is real communication with an obvious needed response.

Jul 29 06 09:42 am Link