Forums > General Industry > Now I get it. Internet models only want GWCs

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Stephen Moskop wrote:
Alan,

If you're interested, here is interesting example of my point from a famous case...

Not quite the same thing.   You are talking about granting rights to a piece of property rather than giving permission to use your likeness.  I really don't want to get into an argument here.   You've already had an attorney post in response to you.

Jul 29 06 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Moskop

Chicago, Illinois, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Not quite the same thing.   You are talking about granting rights to a piece of property rather than giving permission to use your likeness.  I really don't want to get into an argument here.   You've already had an attorney post in response to you.

Oh no... of course it's not the same thing.  I certainly don't mean to argue with you.  As a matter of fact, I think you're probably right.  I was just supposing...

Jul 29 06 01:03 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

You are so right. Internet models only want GWC's. And GWC's only want young inexperienced flakey models that will not intimidate them. Thank god I have managed to (through mm of all places) found a lot of non GWC's that like to work with strong (physically and mentally) models. So, all this stupid crap doesn't really get to me anymore.

Jul 29 06 01:05 am Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

I really couldnt say why they shy away. On a personal note, I do request copies of all images; I like to know what I'm doing wrong in the shots that don't work. I also find that what I and the photographer want out of an image to be completely different a good half of the time. I've had photographers send me whole discs from shoots that while being great photographically, I cant use even one frame in my portfolio. Vise versa I've also found shots that while not the best photographically, are great shots of me. I'll work with photographers on this, I'll even bring cds/memory stick, whatever requested to be able to get all the images. I don't demand them right then, take your time getting them to me, it'll probably take me a few weeks once I see them to decide what I'll post in my portfolio.

That's really the only insight I have, but something tells me your flakes aren't interested in the images they get. Otherwise this wouldn't happen to you constantly. My best advice would be to avoid flakes.

Jul 29 06 12:42 pm Link