Forums > General Industry > Male Model Rates

Model

Ed K

Los Angeles, California, US

On the off chance that people want to start paying me, hahaha... it would be nice if I had an idea of what to charge.

Anyone know what the going rate is these days for male models?

Thanks!

Jul 28 06 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A dollar two ninety five.

Have you read any of the rates discussions at all?  The same considerations apply to male as to female models - although generally males get paid less.

Jul 28 06 09:51 am Link

Model

Ed K

haha

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the same rates applied.

Much appreciated!

Jul 28 06 10:55 am Link

Model

modeldennis

s-Gravenhage, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

I had the same question but unfortunately there is no search function for the forum thus no chance in hell I can find that topic....any chance for a real answer?

Jul 29 06 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Taboo Motel

Kansas City, Missouri, US

click on the forums tab...go to the bottom of the page and fill in your search....

Jul 29 06 04:57 am Link

Model

Ed K

Yeah there's definitely a search function, which is why I know that the answer wasn't out there. Hence I started this thread. If TXPhotog is right though I guess it's a done deal. Thanks for the interest everyone.

Jul 31 06 01:07 pm Link

Model

The Ryan Revolution

West Hollywood, California, US

Personally, I cannot see how female rates would even TRY to be compared to male rates...

O_o

Therefore, this thread makes sense to me.

Jul 31 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

modeldennis

s-Gravenhage, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

thank you Ryan....so anyone want to shed some light onto this?

Aug 02 06 04:09 am Link

Model

TheArchon

Pemberton, New Jersey, US

Sure...we, the males of the species...though we may rate as models, the market demand of women vs that of men is so ridiculously lopsided in favor of women, that we are only worth anything on a pay-scale if we can come up with an idea for a photoshoot that will use our "look" to cause nothing short of a cataclysmic upheaval in the artistic community of legendary proportion.  Take James Dean, for example.  A legendary model.  What was so legendary about him?  Next time you see a picture of James Dean, take a good hard look at him.  He's an ordinary guy.
He's not ugly, but he's not particularly beautiful, either.  What has made HIM the icon to which all male models are judged against?  If you think we aren't, think again.  Really think about it.  This era's James Dean has not been made yet.
We're at the bottom of this food chain.  How much can a male model get paid?
Ask yourself this:  How far are you willing to go to drive your demand up, and subsequently; your price tag? 

One other thing I'd like to point out:  The demand for women models is high enough to allow them to have a rate-range, because of US, THE MALES WANTING THOSE PICTURES TO BE TAKEN.  We are building our own roadblocks.

Aug 07 06 05:09 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

MODEL RATES-- questions answered here.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=64694
(There is a section just for guys.)

More:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php? … mit=Search

Aug 09 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

JS2D Design

Duluth, Georgia, US

For Fashion - Runway (being an unknown regular guy model) you're looking around 250 -maybe more or less depending on who you're working for and how big they are and their show budget - ei the cheapest you can do 7th on 6th is 80,000 for the anex room for 3 shows in one day -most shows are 100K or more for the main tent - fashion editorial - agian it depends onwhat and for whom and what they're circulation base is - is it 250 thousand, or nation wide, or international?  Are they paying or is the photographer paying then selling it to the mag?  Nude work - usually 100 - 500 depending on what it's for - erotic work usually 200-400 unless you do Playgirl and that's about 800 more of less - best advise - talk it out - see if they are willing to pay and if so how much and figure in how much modeling for them will add to your book and career

Aug 13 06 03:32 pm Link