Forums > General Industry > Sports Illustrated...

Model

Teisha Womack

Washington, District of Columbia, US

You guys think I can do sports Illustrated swimwear????
Does anyone have any info on how to go about getting into that field??? smile

Jul 27 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Don't see why not......you have the body for it......as for how to get into it.....

SI...accepts polaroids just like any other agency or magazine.....but it's a crap shoot as for who they pick.......of course being a big name helps but SI has this habit of taking unknowns and turning them into big names......

Go for it and good luck........and if you make it....I expect a signed copy for this advice...LOL

Jul 28 06 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

There is one contest annually for unknowns to get into the edition.  Other than that, all the models are cast from major fashion agencies.

Jul 28 06 08:50 am Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Get with an agency in NY first... then get some jobs, get some work in your book.. then have your booker send your book to them.

As of right now, with the stuff you have, i doubt it very much.

Jul 28 06 10:45 am Link

Photographer

JonasJ

København, Hovedstaden, Denmark

I agree with Dax - They only pick very few and very experienced models.. building a VERY strong book first is a must.

Jul 28 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I want to be one of their photographers!!  HIRE ME SI!!  You know you want me!

Jul 28 06 11:37 am Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Dax wrote:
Get with an agency in NY first... then get some jobs, get some work in your book.. then have your booker send your book to them.

As of right now, with the stuff you have, i doubt it very much.

Thanks for the advice, of course its not for right now, i do want to build my book first, and it will be much after I graduate from college becuase I have no time to do it now with basketball and all...

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!!!!!

Jul 28 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

teisha wrote:
Thanks for the advice, of course its not for right now, i do want to build my book first, and it will be much after I graduate from college becuase I have no time to do it now with basketball and all...

Then forget SI, and forget a major fashion agency.

You already have a height problem.  Next year you will have an age problem.  And you do not need a book - the agencies don't care about it.

Jul 28 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

TXPhotog wrote:

Then forget SI, and forget a major fashion agency.

You already have a height problem.  Next year you will have an age problem.  And you do not need a book - the agencies don't care about it.

He would know better than me and would say it better than me.

Now, I think the only option if u do that ( stay in school and play ball ) is if u hit the WNBA and become an elite player, then u may have a chance as a 'celebrity' to make it to SI.

Jul 28 06 05:53 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

So yall are sayin that since im in school and want to finish out,that I cant become a model afterwards????? And that im too tall to model a swimsuit???

Jul 28 06 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

teisha wrote:
So yall are sayin that since im in school and want to finish out,that I cant become a model afterwards?????

Many fashion agencies will refuse to even see models who are over 19.  For others it's 20 or 21.  They prefer 14-16.

teisha wrote:
And that im too tall to model a swimsuit???

Do you understand the difference between "model a swimsuit" and "be a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model"?

Nearly every person on here (except Jack, perhaps) can "model a swimsuit".

Jul 28 06 08:19 pm Link