Forums > General Industry > Does This Look Shady?

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

This guy found me on OMP and:

Here's link to my lastest work, http://www.onemodelplace.com/photograph … _ID=170837 and a few of the OMP models that I am currently working with or worked with on this casting projects. OMP # 100756, 247918, 249233, and 203150.

I am casting for WB's "America's Hot Models", Victoria's Secret "Lingerie Search"(reality show), new dancers/models for the Nick Cannon's "Wild N Out", a new GAP and CK girl for the 2007 Campaign, and also a new spokesmodel and face for the Jonathan Antin Product (hair product).  The WB and MTV shows will be shooting in Burbank, Ca. this time, the Victoria's Secret show is shooting in Laguna Beach, Ca., both the GAP and Jonathan Antin are doing a national search for that perfect girl to present their products. All expenses will be paid, including travel, lodging, food, clothing, and a weekly pay of $1200(WB) $900(MTV), and $1400(Victoria's Secret).  The winner of the WB show will be a featured model in the Sports Ilustrated Swimsuit Issue and also a part in a WB show.  The winner of the Victoria's Secret show will recieve a 1yr contract with Victoria's Secret, 2 runner ups will also be featured in their cataloge.  I am currently in Hawaii shooting a calender for Playboy, I've attached some images, some of these models will be appearing in the Victoria's Secret show.  I will be starting a casting database this week for the shows/commericals mentioned, if you are interested, let me know ASAP and I can add you to  the database.  I will need at least 6-10 CURRENT photos (don't have to be professional photos) and a short video about yourself to complete your casting database.  I am extending this opportunity to you for several reasons, I am looking for an unknown amateur model to cast, your headline photo also caught my attention, you got that "girl next door" look and THOSE EYES!!!  There's 10 slots for the casting, 8 already filled, so let me know if you are serious and interested.

Hi Christine

Excellent!! I will start on your portfolio database tomorrow morning.  Is your info @ OMP accurate?? because I can just copy the info from there.  Also, are there any changes you would like to make on your info??  Give me a list in order which shows you like the most but I will try to get you for all the parts and from there we will see which one the producers will decide on. The only thing I ask is that if you give a 100% commitment, then I will give you my 100% effort in getting you a part. I've also attached a guideline for you to help you shoot a really good casting tape. Once your casting portfolio is completed, it will be on file with us and it can be used for future casting projects too!!! The one thing you should keep in mind about these projects is what they are looking for. Sponsors and marketing agencies paid a lot of money to advertise and keep the shows/commercials running. What they are looking for are someone sexy, sexy will keep the audience interested, sexy will keep the audience watching their commercials and buying their products. The deadline is in two weeks, so the sooner I get all the info the sooner I can edit the tape and submit it to the producers.  I know you are extremely busy with school, so if you can't get the info in on time, just let me know and keep me updated so I can maybe get a deadline extension for you.  The most important thing first is to get me the tape because its gonna take me a couple of days to edit it (I have alot of tapes so I am busy!!) and you can send me the photos/cds later and I can add it to the finished database.  Below is a guideline that should help you, I think the only obstacle you may run into is finding a DV (digital video)  or DVD camcorder.  Have fun and call me if you have questions or concerns.  916-531-2757, I am currently in Hawaii, wireless reception here is really really bad, so if I don't answer just leave a message and I'll get back to you.  Have a nice day and I am looking forward to hearing from you.  Oh, I should be back in LA in a few weeks and would love to set up a shoot with you.

-Use only a DV tape or DVD and try using a tripode (BestBuy $20), it keeps the video
camera steady.
-Don't worry about mistakes, I will pick out the best parts and edit the tape.
-Try shooting against a blank wall and shoot only indoors
-Tape should be a Minimum of 30 minutes, I usually get tapes between 45min-1hr.
The more I have, the more I can edit and make a really good tape.
-Don FORGET to press record, I get blank tape sometimes!!!
-The tape should be split into three parts.

Part 1-the interview
Pick out 3 or 4 of your best outfits, you will need to repeat this part for each outfit.
Sitting on a chair or sofa, with the videocamera recording from the hips up, tell us about yourself. Name, age, ethnicity, place of birth, education, job, goals, dreams,
hobbies, anything interesting ( I know you have plenty!!).

Part2- Modeling-
Pick out 5 or 6 (or how many you want) of your best outfits. Stay with faminane colors like red, pink,white, yellow, blue, brown or tan is also good. Stay away from all black, too gothic. For each outfit, pose like you would for a photoshoot, but keep each pose to at LEAST 15 seconds each so I can edit. As for outfits, wear anything you like, except bikinis, EVERYONE does bikinis. Try wearing outfits that best fit your curves, this is the sexy part. I've attached some poses that others have done, hope it helps.

Part3-Talent
For this part, you should try dancing. The MTV show, the GAP campaign, and the Victoria's Secret will require dancing. Try dancing to the lastest music, hip-hop or anything BUT COUNTRY. To make yourself look taller, try highheels (BECAREFUL not to fall).

The sooner I get the tape the sooner I can edit and have more time to make it awesome. Don't wait to the last minute. Also, don't waste money on FedEx or expansive overnight shipping, just use regular postal mail. I've also included the office's address, email once you sent the tape so someone can be on the look out for it. Remember, feel free to call me if you have questions about this or anything casting that you may come across.

P.S If you have a resume (not required), email it to me.
TTG
Attn: TOM Luu
4441 Anatolia Dr.
Rancho Gordova, Ca. 95742

Jul 27 06 12:12 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Some things that caught my eye and raised my BSo Meter

Christine Summers wrote:
I am casting for WB's "America's Hot Models", Victoria's Secret "Lingerie Search"(reality show), new dancers/models for the Nick Cannon's "Wild N Out", a new GAP and CK girl for the 2007 Campaign, and also a new spokesmodel and face for the Jonathan Antin Product (hair product).  The WB and MTV shows will be shooting in Burbank, Ca. this time, the Victoria's Secret show is shooting in Laguna Beach, Ca., both the GAP and Jonathan Antin are doing a national search for that perfect girl to present their products. All expenses will be paid, including travel, lodging, food, clothing, and a weekly pay of $1200(WB) $900(MTV), and $1400(Victoria's Secret).  The winner of the WB show will be a featured model in the Sports Ilustrated Swimsuit Issue and also a part in a WB show.  The winner of the Victoria's Secret show will recieve a 1yr contract with Victoria's Secret, 2 runner ups will also be featured in their cataloge.  I am currently in Hawaii shooting a calender for Playboy, I've attached some images, some of these models will be appearing in the Victoria's Secret show.

So who is this guy, and why is he casting for competing networks competing shows.  Other than to throw a bunch of names out and $$$ in your face, what was the point of his intro here?

Christine Summers wrote:
I will be starting a casting database this week for the shows/commericals mentioned, if you are interested, let me know ASAP and I can add you to  the database.

I'm in Hawaii/I'm starting a new database & working on your casting...not the last time there's conflicting info.

Christine Summers wrote:
There's 10 slots for the casting, 8 already filled, so let me know if you are serious and interested.

We'll get to this in a second

Christine Summers wrote:
Excellent!! I will start on your portfolio database tomorrow morning.

So he's carrying a bunch of girls personal info around on an unsecured laptop in Hawaii?

Christine Summers wrote:
The only thing I ask is that if you give a 100% commitment, then I will give you my 100% effort in getting you a part.

*cough*salespitch*cough*

Christine Summers wrote:
The deadline is in two weeks, so the sooner I get all the info the sooner I can edit the tape and submit it to the producers.

K, remember this one too, cause we're mixing and matching again....

Christine Summers wrote:
The most important thing first is to get me the tape because its gonna take me a couple of days to edit it (I have alot of tapes so I am busy!!)

so there's 10 slots for the casting, 8 he's filled, but he still has a lot of tapes to review and edit?

Christine Summers wrote:
I am currently in Hawaii...Oh, I should be back in LA in a few weeks and would love to set up a shoot with you.
TTG
4441 Anatolia Dr.

K, but the deadline is in two weeks, he won't be back for three, he's got you sending the tape to CA and he's in HI, and he's got a lot to edit, and...

I dunno.

Just hit my meter with those things,  I'm getting the feeling, he's selling you awful hard though.  He's not asking you to do anything sleazy yet...so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Edited:  So also, why the hell is he a casting director in Sacramento?  Aren't there enough of those in L.A.?  And don't you have to be some sort of certified to do castings in California? (hence the C.S.A. after people's names in the credits)

Edited again:  I also find it interesting that he doesn't want you to use FedEx, or "anything expensive"...  Sounds like he just doesn't want to have someone sign for the package.

Jul 27 06 12:28 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's as shady as the ground in the Black Forest.

Definately a fake, phoney, unqualified scammer.
I don't believe a word he typed.
Too many reasons to list at the moment, but don't fall for it.

Jul 27 06 12:28 am Link

Model

Heidi Brennan

VAN NUYS, California, US

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. He would have all of this editing to do on your tape, he needs it immediately to send in, but he's in Hawaii and won't be back for several weeks? That's only one of many things wrong with it, I don't feel like going over all of it. Sounds like a wannabe agent/casting director to me who doesn't know what they're doing.

Jul 27 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Just for hoots, ask for his phone number and call him on a phone card so your number is concealed. Might be an interesting talk. My guess is after the first tape you will be selected for something and then you will be asked for another tape, a bit naughtier this time. And so on. It is just a guess but that's my 2 cents.

Jul 27 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Christine Summers wrote:
I am currently in Hawaii shooting a calender for Playboy, I've attached some images, some of these models will be appearing in the Victoria's Secret show.

Hi Christine

I've also attached a guideline for you to help you shoot a really good casting tape. Once your casting portfolio is completed, it will be on file with us and it can be used for future casting projects too!!!

-Use only a DV tape or DVD and try using a tripode (BestBuy $20), it keeps the video
camera steady.

-Tape should be a Minimum of 30 minutes, I usually get tapes between 45min-1hr.

The sooner I get the tape the sooner I can edit and have more time to make it awesome. Don't wait to the last minute. Also, don't waste money on FedEx or expansive overnight shipping, just use regular postal mail.

Remember, feel free to call me if you have questions about this or anything casting that you may come across.

P.S If you have a resume (not required), email it to me.
TTG
4441 Anatolia Dr.

1. His OMP photos aren't Playboy quality and there's not enough variety.
2. No casting agent, company or contest asks for a 30 minute tape, they want 5 minutes tops.
3. He wants you to hurry, but send it by snail mail?
4. All contests require forms - the America's Top Model application was 5 pages worth.
5. The tape he wants - are you kidding? Posing? A contest wants NATURAL personality tapes.
6. Why isn't any LA promotional company big enough to handle this? Instead, these companies hire some single studio guy in Rancho Cordova? Yes, Cordova not Gordova and tripod, not tripode.
7. He's going to use the entry tapes and photos for OTHER castings? Along with the multiple contests.... No, agents only promote one contest at a time. Can you imagine, Victoria's Secrets runs a contests and they say oh, you can use the same stuff for the other contests you're running for other companies too.
8. Big companies want to present a professional image - properly spelled messages, single contest at a time, standard forms to fill out for all contestants (required).
9. Big companies with contests have their OWN sites.

So, do you see any problems from this?

Jul 27 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

rancho gordova?

isn't the city rancho cordova?

Jul 27 06 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

https://www.ownedirl.com/Shit-Meter.gif