Forums > General Industry > My weight with my height

Model

Teisha Womack

Washington, District of Columbia, US

So im a tall girl, im about 6'2 and I weight 160..I heard from various people that you ahve to be MUCH smaller than that, but you cant really tell that im that big... I play basketball also so I lift alot so most of it is muscle. Look at my pictures...do you guys think its much of a problem for the modeling industry and what business can I get if I dont want to necessarily lost weight???? smile

Jul 26 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

teisha wrote:
So im a tall girl, im about 6'2 and I weight 160..I heard from various people that you ahve to be MUCH smaller than that, but you cant really tell that im that big... I play basketball also so I lift alot so most of it is muscle. Look at my pictures...do you guys think its much of a problem for the modeling industry and what business can I get if I dont want to necessarily lost weight???? smile

From what I'm seeing your weight isn't the problem at all. Your weight is more mucscle. You have a lean look but still with a female look.

Fashion, maybe and maybe not because you have a athletic body/look. But you still might be able to pull it off because of the fact that your 160 lb frame isn't fat but more muscular and lean.

There are some basketball player models who have done some fashion, but the ones that I have seen aren't really muscular.

Jul 26 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

that isn't completely true... when i wasnt preg. i was about the same... and it wasn't very easy for me to find work... but then again, maybe it was my location.

Jul 26 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Kemara wrote:
that isn't completely true... when i wasnt preg. i was about the same... and it wasn't very easy for me to find work... but then again, maybe it was my location.

You have to take something into consideration. Your body type isn't the same as the model above^.

You have a voluptuos shape body. the other model has muscular lean body. Her body weight is muscle compared to your body weight is more of fat. You have a nice body because it is poportioned right, just a different body type.

Jul 26 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Could I be a picture model, since runway ane fashion and glamour is out the question? smile

Jul 26 06 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

teisha wrote:
Could I be a picture model, since runway ane fashion and glamour is out the question? smile

Who says that it's out of the question? The ball player Leslie who's 6'5" did some fashion. I read another poster who said that your height is another issue. That's not true, there are models who are over 6 feet. There many fashion models who are 6 feet tall. Go against what you keep hearing. you can do fashion, commercial and some other model fields too.

Your body isn't that hard or muscular.

Jul 26 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Legacys 7 wrote:

Who says that it's out of the question? The ball player Leslie who's 6'5" did some fashion. I read another poster who said that your height is another issue. That's not true, there are models who are over 6 feet. There many fashion models who are 6 feet tall. Go against what you keep hearing. you can do fashion, commercial and some other model fields too.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOUR GIVING ME CONFIDENCE, JUST BY READING WHAT YOU WRITE!smile

Jul 26 06 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

You need to stop blowing smoke up her ass.  This post was complete bull shit.

There are a very very very small percentage of fashion models outside the two inches around 5'9"

There is even a smaller percentage above 6'

It's not about the model, it is about the clothes.  If they don't fit, they don't fit.

Please don't give people hope for things that are not possible, nor should you send them down paths that will at some point kick them in the ass.

tiesha if you want a real estimate of your prospects please see the reply I made in your other thread https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=63851

Jul 26 06 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

well first before we go any further with our post, let's get somethings straight here. When you reply to my post, you reply to me with some respect and not with some bullshit that isn't neccesary.

If you don't agree with me then that is fine. As for all of the other shit that you are bringing up, I'm not going to reply to it, because I'm not going to allow myself to argue with a drama queen via internet.

as for my point, it still stands. it's her choice. Case closed.

Jul 26 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Legacys 7 wrote:
well first before we go any further with our post, let's get somethings straight here. When you reply to my post, you reply to me with some respect and not with some bullshit that isn't neccesary.

If you don't agree with me then that is fine. As for all of the other shit that you are bringing up, I'm not going to reply to it, because I'm not going to allow myself to argue with a drama queen via internet.

as for my point, it still stands. it's her choice. Case closed.

Um no you point doesn't stand...because its bull shit...

On a separate matter, I don't give name callers any sort of respect.

This young lady lives in New York, the New York market is very very selective, and she would not get picked for clothing reasons.  Nothing to do with her beauty or attitude...it is a simple matter of fitting clothing.

Jul 26 06 09:37 pm Link

Model

Jen Bean

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hey Teisha
I think you look fantastic!!!
The thing about the industry is they want girl that are 5'8 to 5'11
because of the sample sizes , for me Im to short alot of times for you , they may tell you your to tall. either way its not fair so you just have to find the right people who will work with you and help your carreer as yourself.
You should totally look into fitness modeling you have an amazing body and great muscles don't lose that to be waif thin, you can get work it may just take a little more work on your part to find the right agent.
Good luck
Jen

Jul 26 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Teisha,

take the chance. You have do what you think is best eitherway. But if you don't take the chance then you'll never know. See what you can do. Do it and do it strong.

Jul 26 06 10:04 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Jen Bean wrote:
Hey Teisha
I think you look fantastic!!!
The thing about the industry is they want girl that are 5'8 to 5'11
because of the sample sizes , for me Im to short alot of times for you , they may tell you your to tall. either way its not fair so you just have to find the right people who will work with you and help your carreer as yourself.
You should totally look into fitness modeling you have an amazing body and great muscles don't lose that to be waif thin, you can get work it may just take a little more work on your part to find the right agent.
Good luck
Jen

Thanks for the advice, I understand completely!! smile

Jul 26 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Thanks everyone for the feedback! More is welcome!smile

Jul 26 06 10:57 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I wonder what the height requirements for sport and fitness work might be?  I would think you'd have a fantastic figure for that - do those types of gigs get hired through commercial agencies, or...?  The ladies certainly seem to generally be more visibly toned than your average model.  Does anyone have experience in that arena who can speak to it?

Jul 26 06 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jon Scott Visual

Shyly wrote:
I wonder what the height requirements for sport and fitness work might be?

Between 4'11" and 6'2".

https://www.fivegrandcreative.com/photostorage/jodi2/jmch6302.jpg

https://www.jodileigh.com/postings/define/jmdef9749e.jpg

Jul 27 06 12:04 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Shyly wrote:
I wonder what the height requirements for sport and fitness work might be?  I would think you'd have a fantastic figure for that - do those types of gigs get hired through commercial agencies, or...?  The ladies certainly seem to generally be more visibly toned than your average model.  Does anyone have experience in that arena who can speak to it?

Yes...I do have experience in it, unfortunately I didn't book the assignment so I can't tell you what agency would be best...perhaps TX or Udo would be better to advise what agency to go to...but she would make an excellent fitness model, which is what was said by a couple of people in the other thread of this exact same title... including me.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=63851

I can think of several clients who would be ecstatic to work with a 6'2" well toned muscled woman in great shape.

There's work out there for her, but fashion just isn't it.

Jul 27 06 12:08 am Link

Model

Teisha Womack

What about swimwear and/or lingerie?? That doesnt require full clothing and I know that they have to have sizes for a variety of different women??smile

Jul 27 06 07:11 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

teisha wrote:
What about swimwear and/or lingerie?? That doesnt require full clothing and I know that they have to have sizes for a variety of different women??smile

Well with lingerie, you're still not going to fit well...  You're a bit too muscular with too little body fat.  (not that it is a bad thing)

With swim, again I think you'll be pushed more towards sport swim...

But these are really decisions for an agent to make...  I'd say specifically seek the advice of those on this site who often do bookings and/or previously owned agencies...  Udo is one who does a lot of bookings, and TX previously owned agencies...there's also a current agency owner or two here, and Udo might be able to point you in the right direction to get advice from that person, I don't remember who it is.

Jul 27 06 09:36 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Yeah, you're probably a bit too tall for most runway (but hey, most of us are too SHORT, heh) and many designers like their models super waif-like anyway.  You have a fantastic figure; I echo the recommendation for fitness modelling.  You'd do well with glamour, I think, too.

Jul 27 06 01:49 pm Link

Model

Teisha Womack

Thanks guys for the advice, I think I might want to look into fitness! But I dont want to be a body builder,hehe..the only reason I lift is for basketball anyway!! smile

Jul 27 06 03:06 pm Link