Forums > General Industry > How to Find Work...

Model

Karina Kerr

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

I've been on MM for a while now and I found it VERY helpful in building my portfolio and for networking purposes....

Now that I have some professional photos taken - I'd like to find some jobs (whether it's TFP or paid). I don't know how to go about finding these jobs i.e. promotional, commerical, print/advertisement, runway, anything really....

Is there information on casting calls anywhere??

Any help would be appreciated!!

Besos ♥!

Jul 25 06 11:55 am Link

Model

Karina Kerr

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

bump

Jul 25 06 12:24 pm Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

Sweety, go  to where it sais "forums" and go down  the page and there is a "link" called CASTING CALLS, here you can find is anyones hiering in your area. smile

Good luck

Jul 25 06 12:31 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

First of all, move out of Alabama. lol wink

Search for photographers in your area. Contact them and ask if they would like to hire you or use you for any of their projects. Once I started doing this, my images got better and better until more and more people were willing to ask me to work for them. Now I rarely need to put in time looking for people who will want to work with me. They contact me, or I search out some very special ones.

Look up your local agencies and see if you can attend a private or open call.

Jul 25 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Karina Kerr

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

thanks ladies smilesmile

Jul 25 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Morris Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

When in northern California look me up! Keeping a fresh and updated portfolio is good for the soul!

Jul 25 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

Karina Kerr

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

never been to the westcoast but i'm making it a priority trip now smile

Jul 25 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

theglorybox

London, England, United Kingdom

talking of work is there a place on here where us Photographers can get paid commercialcommissioned work???

Jul 25 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jairo Cruz Rua

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Try craigslist.com and go to your state and local area. then go to the posts "Events", "Creative", "Talent". There are usually companies that are doing commercial and stock photography, and they posts their needs for models and photographers.
when things slow down for me I usually go there and take a few freelance jobs to fill in.
Good Luck!
Jairo
Oh, also mymodeltalk.com

Jul 25 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Have you tried researching agencies in Mobile? you live near a major fashion hub  (think Atlanta) & Mobile isn't a little backwards city, it's a very progressive  cosmopolitian city!

Do some research, start with google, net work,  talk to other models who are actually working in the business in & around your area. It's not gonna come a knocking on your door sweet heart!

Jul 25 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

Find some legitimate agencies in your area.  It is almost impossible to get good quality jobs through the internet.  Commercial clients don't want to hire models that are not with agencies.  That's been my experience anyway.  They want to know the agency feels you are qualified to work on the shoot.  There is a reason that agency models make $125.00 per hour, it's because the agencies fight for this type of fee.  Good Luck with everything!
Best,
Amy

Jul 25 06 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Karina Kerr wrote:
bump

What are your rates?  I'll be in the heart of dixie in september after i redeploy and would love to photograph you.

Jul 25 06 08:59 pm Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

You have a very nice port!  Are you going to try to get in an agency?

Jul 26 06 02:57 am Link

Photographer

Cobra Photography

Gillette, Wyoming, US

Do you have comp cards?  Send them out.  Ad Agencies, local photographers etc.  Get your name known.  Conquer your city then move into the pit of competition.

Internet is one avenue and a minor one at that for local work.  You have to get your brain into thinking advertising your self locally.

Jul 26 06 08:01 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Yeah, try the Casting Calls forum.

Jul 26 06 03:22 pm Link

Model

Sindia

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Sent u a PM

Jul 26 06 03:42 pm Link