Forums > General Industry > Y can't I find a photographer or promo work in HI

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Why does it seem that all the photographers in Hawaii only shoot Asian or Hawiians girls.  For once step outside the box and do something different.  I am not saying all photographers but majority.  Have you ever heard of diversity!!!!! work with me people I am just sayin.  Can some body answer this for me.

Jul 24 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

You can fly me out...my day rate for modeling portfolio development photos is $700

Jul 24 06 08:17 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

I might take you up on that offer

Jul 24 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

If you can get me there, I'll work with you!

Jul 24 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Pearls wrote:
I might take you up on that offer

Sweet! big_smile

I'm so ready for a good trip...  Just back from British Columbia, and it would be nice to take a long plane trip without the hassle of customs.

Jul 24 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

It may not be for a month or so.. But I will look into that

Jul 24 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Pearls wrote:
It may not be for a month or so.. But I will look into that

Good! I've got some great ideas already...you've got a beautiful skin tone and a nicely built body, and I'm sure you'll look great in front of my lens.

big_smile

Jul 24 06 08:44 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

smile

Jul 24 06 08:57 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

smile I would love to hear your ideas

Jul 24 06 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hmmm I kinda suspect if you place a notice in the infamous casting area
of MM you'll have plenty of photographers near you willing to shoot you.
Ya gotta let folks know your'e out there.

Jul 24 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

I did still nothing sad I just want to model and do photoshoots if anybody is willing here in Hawaii.  I am very dependable

Jul 24 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

JRitchie Photography

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Hi there.  You never talked to me.  I love working with different models of all types.  Feel free to look at my work and ask any questions you have.  Plus, you'll find my rates are the best on the island.  Hope to hear from you soon, Jason.

Jul 24 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

ZKWC

Malibu, California, US

Pearls wrote:
I did still nothing sad I just want to model and do photoshoots if anybody is willing here in Hawaii.  I am very dependable

I'm in LA... you buy my airfare and I'll shoot you for free as long as you can direct me to the nearest scuba diving facility.

Jul 24 06 11:06 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

JasonRitchie wrote:
Hi there.  You never talked to me.  I love working with different models of all types.  Feel free to look at my work and ask any questions you have.  Plus, you'll find my rates are the best on the island.  Hope to hear from you soon, Jason.

Jul 24 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Thanks I have contacted you before.  I never got a response.  I just left you a meassage

Jul 24 06 11:10 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Zoe Wiseman wrote:

I'm in LA... you buy my airfare and I'll shoot you for free as long as you can direct me to the nearest scuba diving facility.

Would you need hotel fees too or just airfare and how long would you like to stay

Jul 24 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

ZKWC

Malibu, California, US

Pearls wrote:

Would you need hotel fees too or just airfare and how long would you like to stay

Just airfare. smile I've never been to Hawaii and would LOVE to go. A weekend would be nice as long as my schedule is full of diving!

Jul 24 06 11:15 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Zoe Wiseman wrote:

Just airfare. smile I've never been to Hawaii and would LOVE to go. A weekend would be nice as long as my schedule is full of diving!

Then we might Have to talk a little in detail. Does that sound good oh by the way love your work

Jul 24 06 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Pearls wrote:
Why is that all the photographers in Hawaii only on Asian or Hawiians.

If I misunderstand you profoundly... let me know... but if you are in Hawaii... you may find a lot of photographers of that ethnicity!

But... Pearls... WHO THE FUCK CARES(?) about the ethnicity of the photographer...?

His creativity transcends any ethnic barriers... and if you like the style, and if it gets you job, does it really matter what the ethnicity is of the photographer who immortalizes you?

So drop your senseless prejudice and shoot with a photographer whose style you like!

UdoR

Jul 24 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

JRitchie Photography

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Um, Udor, I think you misunderstood her profoundly.  She was talking about photogs only wanting to shoot asian and native types, not that they ARE asian or native photogs.  So ease back off the rant and relax a bit.

Jason

Jul 24 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Pearls wrote:
smile I would love to hear your ideas

Pearls wrote:

Just to let you know, I did send you an email through MM, if it didn't go through let me know, but one has been sent.

Jul 24 06 11:30 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

UdoR wrote:

If I misunderstand you profoundly... let me know... but if you are in Hawaii... you may find a lot of photographers of that ethnicity!

But... Pearls... WHO THE FUCK CARES(?) about the ethnicity of the photographer...?

His creativity transcends any ethnic barriers... and if you like the style, and if it gets you job, does it really matter what the ethnicity is of the photographer who immortalizes you?

So drop your senseless prejudice and shoot with a photographer whose style you like!

UdoR

Yes you did misunderstand me Read what i wrote again.  And whats with all the swearing.  Did I offend you in anyway No so there is no need to cuss at me

Jul 25 06 12:07 am Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Thanks

Jul 25 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographic Aspirations

Long Beach, California, US

I shoot on the North Shore 2 ~3 x a year as my brother lived in Laie. Contact me at e-mail on my web site and be glad to assist when in town.

Frank
http://mysite.verizon.net/franks500

Jul 25 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Afablb wrote:
I shoot on the North Shore 2 ~3 x a year as my brother lived in Laie. Contact me at e-mail on my web site and be glad to assist when in town.

Frank
http://mysite.verizon.net/franks500

Thanks alot will do smile

Jul 25 06 01:27 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Thanks Jason for the comment to that guy

Jul 25 06 01:39 pm Link