Forums > General Industry > How To Spot A GWC

Jul 24 06 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

Seperated at birth?

https://entertainment.pipex.com/Images/ProdigyKeithFlint.jpg https://billtracyphotography.com/posting/BillTracy01.jpg

Bill Tracy wrote:
LOL!

I look like Keith Flint? COOL!!  I'll have to go out and "start some fires" - LOL!

On Second thought, you dont look that much like Keith Flint after all. =P

Jul 24 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Dino Mangano wrote:
If his portfolio is 100% young women in lingerie.  No clothed shots and no male models..... CGLIMBWC = Creepy Guy Living in Mom's Basement With CAmera

Hmmm, most of my portfolio is young ladies in lingerie or less- and no men there yet.  But Dino, at least my images are properly exposed.  :-)

Jul 24 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

GWC has recently been SPOTTED!!!
(scroll down)

https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9277/gwcspottedcp0.jpg

Jul 24 06 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
GWC has recently been SPOTTED!!!
(scroll down)

Thats him!!

https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9277/gwcspottedcp0.jpg

Jul 24 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

bzckry foto wrote:
is anyone sad to see Dougie Boy leave MM? Is anyone going to miss him? Why did he have to make an anouncement on his page that he is leaving? Did he want us to beg him not to go? Does any REALLY care?

Bye Doogie, and by the way...go f*ck yourself.

Doogie Houser?

Didn't know he's on MM.

Do you have his number? Didn't see him in this thread.

And why is he leaving?

Jul 24 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Brandon Ching wrote:

Must be really popular since my grocery store never seems to keep the disposables with 600mm lenses in stock!

Lens $1800.00
Disposible Camera $1.20    (W/$.75 rebate)

Dont forget the tampons for the wife, thats what you went there for in the first place.

Jul 24 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Bill Tracy wrote:
You can find them at any of those nude glamour workshops that you pay $150 for.
It always ends up being just a bunch of guys with hard-ons who happen to own a camera and have $150 to throw away.

You pay alot of attention at those things it looks like.

Jul 24 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Archer Photography

Elizabethton, Tennessee, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
if he starts threads on how to spot GWCs...

LOL, I was totally going to say that...or if anyone obsessing over the famed GWC may very well be a GWC fine tuning his game...

Jul 24 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

Meehan Photography wrote:
They use a small AM transistor radio for a light meter. *Hoping no one notices the difference!

I was wondering why that light meter I got on eBay has an antenna!

Jul 24 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Art Liem

Los Angeles, California, US

SIXEIGHTSTUDIOS wrote:
Whay are we not? The industry has been built by innovators, it's an art form. And again it's about the final image. One of the most amazing landscape photogs shoots with a wooden box camera that he built! A gwc that cost 5,000 can give you the world's greatest 1st impression but what if the pics look just like the disposable cameras due to his shooting style? Is he just better because he made a good camera shoot low quality pics?

You're entirely missing the point here. The photographer who built his own 'wooden box' camera has SKILL. The GWC who buys gear has $$$, luck and Photoshop - NO SKILL. If you don't think process matters, than that's sad, because it's process that is passed on to others, that reflect ownership of the quality of the results, and keeps the craft, art and science of photography alive.

Want to know if someone is a GWC? If they don't care about the process.

Regards, Art.

Jul 24 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Archer Photography

Elizabethton, Tennessee, US

gr82bart wrote:

You're entirely missing the point here. The photographer who built his own 'wooden box' camera has SKILL. The GWC who buys gear has $$$, luck and Photoshop - NO SKILL. If you don't think process matters, than that's sad, because it's process that is passed on to others, that reflect ownership of the quality of the results, and keeps the craft, art and science of photography alive.

Want to know if someone is a GWC? If they don't care about the process.

Regards, Art.

I like this man...I may not be up there with Ansel or Arny,  Joe MM Photog, or anyone else, but I do put a lot of long thought about much worried over effort into my work, I roll in the grass like an army dude if thats what it takes to get a great shot, whatever,  I think some folks consider a photog a GWC if his work doesnt look like its been published in a magazine. I think alot of models miss the point that alot of good photogs, male and female, had to start somewhere and it is usually "with camera".  I like to KNOW what makes my camera work, wooden or Top $$$!

Jul 24 06 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Dino Mangano wrote:
If his portfolio is 100% young women in lingerie.  No clothed shots and no male models..... CGLIMBWC = Creepy Guy Living in Mom's Basement With CAmera

Jose Luis wrote:
Hmmm, most of my portfolio is young ladies in lingerie or less- and no men there yet.  But Dino, at least my images are properly exposed.  :-)

I note that your models are "properly exposed" as well as your images.
TGLIT = Talented Guy in Texas
GWC = models are "improperly exposed" along with images.

Jul 24 06 10:10 pm Link

Model

Reby

New York, New York, US

bzckry foto wrote:
is anyone sad to see Dougie Boy leave MM? Is anyone going to miss him? Why did he have to make an anouncement on his page that he is leaving? Did he want us to beg him not to go? Does any REALLY care?

Bye Doogie, and by the way...go f*ck yourself.

FUCK YOU AND DIE YOU AMATUER PIECE OF WORTHLESS SHIT.

Best of luck,
Reby smile

Jul 26 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

SIXEIGHTSTUDIOS wrote:
Final image is all that counts, who cares how you got there !? I would be intrigued by a Photog w 1o disposables ready to go.

this is the truth, too many pros do real shite to be honest, in fact I wanna see a girl with camera, they normaly do great work

Jul 26 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Antonio Carrasco

Los Angeles, California, US

dude, terry richardson has made a lucrative career out of being a GWC...

photo/modelling is just like anything else in life. if you're on a subway and some guy is giving you a creepy vibe, get up and leave. trust your instincts. if a "photographer" seems like a sleazeball, it's time to keep trucking...

if a model doesn't feel comfortable, I will be completely understanding if she cancels a shoot. unfortunately there are some freakshows out there that think getting a camera will get them laid. this makes it much harder for the rest of us that are really interested in photography. but no photo session is worth risking your safety...

check this article out from USAtoday about a really dangerous type of GWC:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 … lick-refer

Jul 27 06 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

bzckry foto wrote:
If you show up to a shoot and the guy has 10 diposable camera's (all with a flash and neatly organized on the table, no doubt) then you might be working with a GWC.

I don't know if this would said...but that could also be a good sign you're working with Juergon Teller. Also, just as bad.

Jul 27 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

MaxwellIII

Chicago, Illinois, US

SIXEIGHTSTUDIOS wrote:
Final image is all that counts, who cares how you got there !? I would be intrigued by a Photog w 1o disposables ready to go.

A photographer could also make a pin hole camera and get great results if he knows what he is doing.

Having a 200 thousand dollar studio does not make a person a professional. It means that the person had 200 thousand dollars to spend.

Jul 27 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

bzckry foto wrote:
How to Spot a GWC...

Your first contact from him concludes with, "Can you be available, tonight...?"

Jul 28 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

This should be merged with the woody thread.  Wood during the shoot would proclaim a GWC.  Might be a bit late at that point, but there ya go!

Jul 28 06 02:55 pm Link