Forums > General Industry > nudes, nudes, nudes!

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Jul 28 06 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

never mind

Jul 28 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

aesthetix photo

Macon, Georgia, US

I like titties.

Jul 28 06 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

aesthetix photo

Macon, Georgia, US

AC wrote:
I've been inspired.  I too will no longer shoot nudes so that I can concentrate entirely on the completely unexplored genre of bikini beach photography- a hot bed of originality.

So help me God if you steal my idea of a hot model in a camo bikini, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Jul 28 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Surreal Eye Studio wrote:
I like titties.

more than curveball?

Jul 28 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Dave Levingston says "everything under the sun has been done." He's been doing this for 30years plus.

What I'm finding is a lack of couples nudes that unless the male model and the female model are truly in a relationship they pose together like one of them has poison ivy or something because it doesn't look convincing. Yet, when Rob Grissom and I worked together, and realized we have a flair for it, a true professionalism and don't look like we're not a couple in our artistic nudes, no one wants to hire for it, only TFP/CD. You'd think if it's so hard to find and pull off, someone would be willing to get that shot. The only photographers I've seen focus on the couples or group nudes professionally are the McCalls out of the Keys.

I've been doing this for over 3yrs and I still don't understand this business sometimes.
Nemi

Jul 28 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

TXPhotog wrote:
It's hard to find originality in any area.  No need to single out nudes.

Seems to be the underlying point that nobody wants to admit.

MUA's with the overused smoky eye look, or even better, the ones that feign originality by applying the  extravagant make up on only ONE eye!  WOW never seen that idea before!

Fashion photographers and models with the nonchalant bent in sunken chest pose with XXXX brand name designer clothes.  Yup that's a new one!

Art photographers with the single light sources and "bodyscapes".  That's NEVER been done before! **rolls eyes**

The oh so mundane commercial photographer/ model  doing their lifestyle in the city shots, the "laughing model", the "day at the park" shot.  Yeah you NEVER see these concepts over done.

The glamour photographer/ model with the oiled up girl looking pouty at the camera doing absolutely NOTHING but looking pouty at the camera.

The fetish photographer.  How many ways can you tie a girl up and in knots and it be considered original?

I could go on, but I think ya'll should get the point.

Photography in general is mundane and unoriginal (at this stage of oversaturation of media and images).  It's up to the photographer/ model to come up with a shot/ idea that has either not been done before or take an existing idea and do it THEIR way.  Nudes aren't the only pics that fall in the overdone catagorey they just seem to take the brunt of criticism here on MM.

Jul 28 06 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Global Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

What Fun Productions wrote:
Have you tried a vagina cam?

Hmmmm I think that depends on if you are inside looking out, or outside looking in. 

"Perspective" a angle of the camera or the way we view things.

"Art" is what one mind sees, and the other does not!

Photography is Art unless you ask an artist. Then is just a Job, or a functin, or a mechanical thing or ,,,,, Well ask on asn see what they say

Oh yes and Speaking of the way a camera sees thing (Above) well then when I said inside looking out? what lens would you use?

Nudes are always different or Apples are always different, so therfore you should never give up on a different look or aproach, you are letting the Art down in Photography!

Jul 28 06 09:14 pm Link