Forums > General Industry > WARNING - XENOS GROUP VERY UNRELIABLE, BEWARE ALL MODELS

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
not ruthless..its how it is..this is a brutal industry..
saying your trying is just an excuse to fail.."well i tried"..
the people "doing" succeed, not the people trying...

Hey buddie,  we are having a sensitive moment here.   Take a break from your vain war and think about somebody else for a minute.

Jul 30 05 10:56 pm Link

Model

Uriana

Tampa, Florida, US

I m sorry I did not read any of this before I started getting involved with them.  I was asked to enter their competition to be in their modeling contest.  The entry fee was $15.  SO I sent it.  That was on May.  They asked me to set up a shoot, I did, never got anything.  Then they asked me to set up another one. I did again guess what.... No oufits!
I gave up. I sent an email requesting a refund, since it is obvious they do not wish to work with me.  They never responded.

Just this past week, they all of sudden want to work out our situation, so this is the last email I received from them:

To:  [email protected]
Subject:  RE: hey
Date:  Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:05:55 -0500
Ok email me your number so we can speak ok? I have some shoots that
are paid for you so you can see I am REAL!

Thanks!

I am a very nice person, so I will give them one last chance.  But after reading all the forums about them, I'm not sure if this will ever be worked out....

Dec 10 05 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Looks like I missed all the fun.

Sure was a lot of banning behind this.

Dec 10 05 10:40 am Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

that is not acceptable in this industry..trying doesn't count..do it or someone else will...

Have you ever been self employed..?

Have you ever started up your own business..?

I HAVE!!  & you don't know Jack, Doug!

JP

Dec 10 05 09:56 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

We try to keep this sort of thing off of Model Mayhem; there are sites like http://theibl.com for airing disputes.

Dec 11 05 09:33 pm Link