Forums > General Industry > How was your week, photography-wise?

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Dropped my old Elan IIE in the Arctic Ocean (yes, it was an accident).  Note to self: always use the camera strap.

Sold my home-made 4x5 for a good price.  Spent the money on a cool little Gowland 2x3 view camera from e-bay. Can't wait for it to arrive.

E-mailed a bunch of people to see if there was any interest in an art-nude photography get-together type thing in Alaska.  Found out the answer is no (with a few predictable exceptions).

Booked my first 2007 valentine portrait session.

Discovered my D60 needs sent in for repair (contrast is all out of whack).

Had to back out of helping to judge photos at the state fair due to work commitments.

How was your week, photography wise?

Jul 23 06 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

Made money in the photography business...ALWAYS a good week!!!

Oliver

Jul 23 06 01:00 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

I got a nice comment and a friend request with positive potential. I started weeding through a shoot I did in May. Submitted to have a name change on MM. I am always security minded so I shortened to a last initial. I used to really want one of the Gowland 2x3 Pocket View cameras. That seems a wonderful tool for the meticulous. I wish I could afford digital with view camera movements. Have fun with your new camera!

Jul 23 06 01:01 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

good shoot with several good models and a good makeup artist...good results...good week.

Jul 23 06 01:04 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I shot with a new burlesque troupe in Seattle on Thursday, shot with two new models in the park yesterday and am shooting two new models in Seattle on Sunday.

Sold my boat and am looking at adding the 5D and using the 3 week old 30D as backup.

Jul 23 06 01:06 am Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Just shot with a great team today (model,MUA,hair stylist).  Some of the best images I've ever taken. (latest 2 in my port)

Also found out there's something on my sensor that I'm going to have to figure out how to get off.

-PKD

Jul 23 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

I'm on a break. I went drinking.

Jul 23 06 01:27 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

sold the 1st photograph i took with my 5d, packed my gear for san francisco and las vegas, waited for the rain to stop, got stuffed around by a bunch of aussie flake models all in all 50/50.

Jul 23 06 01:31 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Made money, had fun.

Love my job!

Jul 23 06 01:33 am Link

Photographer

MannyDesalamanca

Orlando, Florida, US

Spent $600.00......Made $27.83

Manny D.

Jul 23 06 01:35 am Link

Photographer

Trevor Paulhus

Dallas, Georgia, US

slept all day, rolled out of bed, walked my dog, went to soot a wedding gig, came home, drank a few beers, now i'm surfing the internet until I fall asleep in my chair...
eh.  it was nothin special.

Jul 23 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

It kinda blew.

Jul 23 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Andrei Ku

New York, New York, US

It was super!  I shot Jacks Fender (#149310, also on my new avatar).  She rocks.

Jul 23 06 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Andrei Ku wrote:
It was super!  I shot Jacks Fender (#149310, also on my new avatar).  She rocks.

Cool, Jack's on my friends list here and MS, she's some kind of energy. I'm glad she's getting some good shots.

Jul 23 06 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Kruppaworks

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Got a few good shots, a couple of which I really liked, but none of which I can show any of you because the agency my model just got with said my photos (portrait and glamour) are "unflattering" (her words), so I had to take them down.  I also can't shoot her again.

I was about to say that was a neutral week because the good got cancelled out by the bad, but now that I look at it, it kinda sucks.

Jason

Jul 23 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Made arrangements to shoot with 3 people on Saturday. 

One canceled Friday morning.

One canceled Friday Afternoon.

One canceled Saturday morning.

Guess it's to hot to do anything here.

Jul 23 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

dissolvegirl

Northampton, Massachusetts, US

Spent 13 hours in a car to get to North Carolina; had homemade fried chicken at a friend's mom's house, which sort of made up for the car trip. Slept on a couch. Had minor scheduling trauma.

Shot Lee Stalcup (#103331) in a multimillion-dollar mansion. That REALLY made the car trip worth it.

Spent the next day doing nothing but post-processing. Spent another 13 hours in the car, and here I am trying to catch up on all my commitments. My back is still sore.

Jul 23 06 01:09 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Words to describe this last week?
BLOODY busy..

An awful lot of fun mind you but still horrendously busy.

Jul 23 06 01:17 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Some of my best work to date.

Jul 23 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

in the last week, I got to work with Sarah (see above)
and 5 other models plus I did a really beautiful print of the front door of a historic building as a gift for a executive who's stepping down after 5 years
all in all, a pretty nice week

Jul 23 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

From last Sunday thru Saturday, 6 shoots, 2 noshows/reskeds.

One lunch meeting with an art gallery owner I know.

One dinner meeting with a videographer who's going to film some of my shoots.

1 great shoot, 3 good, 1 fair and 1 lousy shoot results-wise.

The great one is scheduled to come back for another shoot.

Total production, approx. 50GB.

Jul 23 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

8 shoots: 7 digital, 1 film
One of the shoots was with fashion designer Jill Stuart.
And a 16 page editorial came out yesterday.

lucky me.

Jul 23 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

The building fire that put me out of my apartment of 15 years this past winter continues to reverberate.  I'm relocated and am opening boxes.  Apparently, I was not the owner of about 1,000 books and a couple of magazine collections--the number of volumes may be approaching or surpassing 2000 volumes, and that's a lot to unpack and organize.  I've got paid-for portrait editing to work on Monday and the rebuilding of photo and computing systems seems to be coming along fine (this is the second week after the movers dumped my own load on me, lol), so I'm okay but resenting both the fire and myself for forcing me to play librarian this summer. 

I love my books, of course.  The intention is to get into a house and devote substantial space to a dedicated library for guests as well as myself.

Jul 23 06 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

SCIL CONCEPTS

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Saturdays outdoor shot was cancelled/rain-delayed. Sucks, but hopefully we can re-schedule before the entire summer is gone! This summer is flying by!

Jul 23 06 02:19 pm Link