Forums > General Industry > SCAM ALERT***SCAM ALERT*** Paris Modeling Scam

Photographer

Tryingreallyhard Delete

Dallas, Texas, US

Models BEWARE!!!!

Currently there are one or more individuals posing as an "International Talent Agent" (or similar) contacting models on this and other sites via e-mail purporting to offer them a modeling opportunity in Paris...all expenses paid.

Once the model is hooked into believing they have been selected this character says great...just get me a copy of ur passport and "International Modeling License." When the model asks what an International Modeling License is...they jump in with "You don't know?" They then tell the model it is required to model in Paris, they then offer assist them in getting one, and an e-mail from what purports to be from a Paris attorney (bogus of course) soon follows requesting the model wire them 400.00 for attorney's fees to complete the red tape and make the applications, etc. Of course THERE IS NO "INTERNATIONAL MODELING LICENSE!!!" Plus, if the model falls for that they continue with other things, requiring "deposits" etc. A lot of these e-mails are going out. One of these fictional characters has had their profile on MM deleted for unauthorized spam...but not for the underlying fraud. (And why so many e-mails if only 30 models have been selected as the e-mail states?) And it would be relatively easy to set up another profile.

This is an ACTIVE FRAUD occurring NOW!!! DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!!

brian

Jul 22 06 06:50 am Link

Model

Bryan Martins

Ludlow, Massachusetts, US

Thanks for the heads up. I hate people who just have nothing else better to do then just scam on people. Go get a fu*king job already! I've only been doing this for less than a year and I too have gotten attacked by fraud.

Jul 22 06 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Wait! I'm the exclusive US authorized agent for INTERNATIONAL MODEL LICENSES. If you need one send me only $200 (in small unmarked bills).

Thank you

Jul 22 06 07:12 am Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Draw one up in photoshop and send it to them.  Charge them $50 for the copy.

Jul 22 06 07:20 am Link

Model

Nola Neko

Webb City, Missouri, US

How about..if anybody get these letters...just tell them that you already have an International Modeling License. That should make them shut up, and make them aware that you are privy to their game.

Jul 22 06 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Tryingreallyhard Delete

Dallas, Texas, US

Cosette wrote:
How about..if anybody get these letters...just tell them that you already have an International Modeling License. That should make them shut up, and make them aware that you are privy to their game.

What an AWESOME response!!!

Brian

Jul 22 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Damn.  I haven't heard of that one in nearly fifteen years.  Somebody has a long memory.

Jul 22 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

The military has an expression to cover the subject of these scams...

Same shit; different day

Studio36

Jul 22 06 03:15 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

I had gotten a couple of e-mails like this on my yahoo. They are easy to pick out as scams, though, so I just delete them. I've lost track of how many of these I've actually gotten, really. Sometimes, I actually read them when I need a good laugh, though, because most of these scammers aren't the most intellectual creatures...

Jul 23 06 05:47 am Link