Forums > General Industry > Models who think...

Photographer

nick latino

Tucson, Arizona, US

we just want to take photos of them nude are really silly as far as I'm concerned. 

I just did a simple shoot for a young lady who wants to become involved in the Import Auto Modeling and has never done any modeling before.  She has a cute smile, not bad body, and is willing to pay for me to take some basic photos of her.  So I check out what type of poses models in the local rag are doing and get myself ready. 

We get together and she is "I don't want to do nudes" which is fine with me.  She not only tells me this once, but 5 times during our convesations and meeting.  So when I get to the location of the shoot, I tell her to drop her top and strip...she looks at me like I'm some kind of freak.  I then thell her, now that I have told you to strip and you repeated you don't want to do nudes we can do the work you have asked me to do for you.

After taking several photos we took a break and I told her if a photographer and you agree on something don't think there are alternative motives and that the photographer is going to trick you...not all photographers need to see nude models.  I just love models or wanna be models who think we only want to take nude photos.

Jul 21 06 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Odins Eye

West Wendover, Nevada, US

Wait...you mean there are women who were clothes...to photoshoots...What are they thinking! It's absurd! It's blasphemy! Show me the Goods!

....so he said on his way to jail for soliciting a 12 year old girl.

Note: Sidestory about a friend who can't tell 18 from 12...

Jul 21 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

ATLFigures

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

One of the first models I worked with set a bunch of guidelines for our shoot. One of my favorites was "the boobs will remain covered at all times!" About 1/2 an hour into the shoot she was completely naked of her own accord. Go figure.

Jul 21 06 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

My experience has been that the more a model says she won't do nudes the more likely she is to become naked at the shoot. That is, if you have not asked her.

Jul 21 06 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I saw the title of this thread & thought it was some sort of joke about mysthical creatures like Bigfoots and Loch Ness Monsters.

Runs from all the models & their flaming torches

Jul 21 06 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

SLE Photography wrote:
I saw the title of this thread & thought it was some sort of joke about mysthical creatures like Bigfoots and Loch Ness Monsters.

Runs from all the models & their flaming torches

Don't worry. You're safe. That joke is WAY too complicated for them to understand.

Jul 21 06 08:08 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Considering that a thread posted by a model stating that she won't do nudes anymore generates dozens of responses from photographers regretting that they won't get to shoot her nude, and there have been several threads by photographers complaining about models who have nudes in their portfolios refusing to do nudes and calling this bait and switch, thus implying that nudity is so desireable that it qualifies as "bait," and that models who list any kind of rates for clothed fashion work tend to be ridiculed ("she expects $75 an hour for no nudity??", as though nudity is inherently far more valuable than clothed work) - is it really that surprising that a model would come to the conclusion that photographers are more interested in nudes? Seriously.

Jul 21 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

David Baxter wrote:
One of the first models I worked with set a bunch of guidelines for our shoot. One of my favorites was "the boobs will remain covered at all times!" About 1/2 an hour into the shoot she was completely naked of her own accord. Go figure.

Maybe she meant Dick and Bush.  LOL.

Jul 21 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Earth Wind and Water

Seattle, Washington, US

nude models are NOT hard to find.  never understood why you need to attempt to get a model to do something they don't want to do.  each person has their own limits. 

there are, however, enough "photographers" out there that are not interested in shooting photos or if they are they are, they are out for a bit of "self gratification".

asked and anwered.

Jul 21 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Catriona wrote:
Considering that a thread posted by a model stating that she won't do nudes anymore generates dozens of responses from photographers regretting that they won't get to shoot her nude,

Well, that doesn't seem so wrong.. if that's what the photographers do, then she's no longer able to work with them.. and since she undoubtedly had examples of her nude work on her portfolio, I suppose they wanted to compliment her with a show of regret:-)

Catriona wrote:
and there have been several threads by photographers complaining about models who have nudes in their portfolios refusing to do nudes and calling this bait and switch, thus implying that nudity is so desireable that it qualifies as "bait,"

I do find it odd when a model has nude pics and then says that she doesn't do nudes when contacted. A portfolio should represent the kind of work you do- if the nudes were a unique one-time thing, best to keep them to yourself. Since I shoot mostly nudes, I look to see if a model has some in her portfolio before I message her, so as not to bother anyone who isn't interested.

Catriona wrote:
and that models who list any kind of rates for clothed fashion work tend to be ridiculed ("she expects $75 an hour for no nudity??", as though nudity is inherently far more valuable than clothed work) - is it really that surprising that a model would come to the conclusion that photographers are more interested in nudes? Seriously.

Well, to be fair, for photographers selling their work, there is virtually no market for unsolicited clothed shots unless the model herself is really famous, but nudes (especially erotic ones) can often find a buyer- so I suppose they are potentially more valuable from one point of view.  Not that I wander about looking for people to buy my work, but some people do this as a living:-)

Jul 21 06 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Sorry, I thought it was going to be like "Models who think...on the next Montel Williams Show".

smile

Jul 22 06 12:25 am Link