Forums > General Industry > So I'm still waiting on some photos...

Model

Rachel Street

Naperville, Illinois, US

I did a shoot over a month ago, and it was great! It was so much fun, I thought it was going to be TFP only, but I ended up getting compensated for my travel, and my meals.
The format was a three day long seminar-like thing, where the photog would talk about lighting and posing, and then demo on me for about 10-15 other photographers. He took a lot of really great photos, and so did the other photogs. He even edited some of them as part of the class. When the three days were all over, i gave my e-mail and other info to all of the photogs there ,and the main guy told me he would e-mail everything within the week.
So...now its been a few weeks and i have yet to see anything, or hear anything. What is the best way to approach this guy without seeming like a giant brat? He usually has clients and models pay him ALOT, and I got three days for free, so i dont want to seem pushy, and i know people get busy...but i just want my pictures sad

Jul 21 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Allure by LH Taylor

Austin, Texas, US

Rachel of RageWear wrote:
I did a shoot over a month ago, and it was great! It was so much fun, I thought it was going to be TFP only, but I ended up getting compensated for my travel, and my meals.
The format was a three day long seminar-like thing, where the photog would talk about lighting and posing, and then demo on me for about 10-15 other photographers. He took a lot of really great photos, and so did the other photogs. He even edited some of them as part of the class. When the three days were all over, i gave my e-mail and other info to all of the photogs there ,and the main guy told me he would e-mail everything within the week.
So...now its been a few weeks and i have yet to see anything, or hear anything. What is the best way to approach this guy without seeming like a giant brat? He usually has clients and llamas pay him ALOT, and I got three days for free, so i dont want to seem pushy, and i know people get busy...but i just want my pictures sad

Let him know how much you enjoyed his seminar and how much you respect his work.  Then you could say something like "I know how much work you're probably plowing through at this time, but could I possibly get a status on my photos?  I'm just very excited to get the finished product."

Jul 21 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jairo Cruz Rua

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

I agree. If this guy gets paid alot he should have someone that edits for him, and takes care of those thing so he can keep shooting.
I have national and international clients and they ask for progress reports all the time. It doesent bother me all the time, I know were they are comming from!
Jairo

Jul 21 06 07:08 pm Link