Forums > General Industry > Compensation for travel for a no-show?

Photographer

G Anderson Photo

Madison, Wisconsin, US

What do you guys think about asking a model to compensate me for time and gas for being a no-show at a confirmed shoot?
It was with a model I am SUPPOSED to be partnering with on a website project.   The shoot was supposed to happen at her house two hours drive from me.    I received no phone call from her cancelling the shoot.   I drove two hours there and had trouble finding her place so I called and got no answer.  After no answer on repeated calls,  I managed to find her place on my own after 40 min.  only to find no answer at her door.    She claimed she needed to cancel the shoot because of babysitter issues, but had lost my cell number (it was on my release from a previous shoot) and had lost her cell phone.  Last time I checked there are still a few land lines left out there...and there is something called directory assistance.    Bottom line is... I drove back home and ended up wasting nearly 6 hours and $30 worth of gas.   Before I agree to shoot with her again for the website, I want to require her to reimburse me $100 for lost time and gas money.   Of course she will claim it was not her fault, since I arrived 40 min. late. 

Can anybody relate to my frustration on situations like this?

Jul 21 06 03:08 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Yikes.  Crappy deal.  Personally, I wouldn't work with her again.

Jul 21 06 03:10 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

If a photographer is a no-show for me, I'd want to be compensated for my lost time.. although it has never happened. It's probably applicable the other way around as well.

Jul 21 06 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Greg Anderson wrote:
Before I agree to shoot with her again for the website, I want to require her to reimburse me $100 for lost time and gas money.

You are kidding right?  Why would you EVER work with her again.  If the facts that you outline here are true and correct, there are NO circumstances that would lead me to work with this model again except 1 ===> she is paying you for the gig and she provides you the FULL sum of the agreed to fee in advance.

Jul 21 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Obvious flake. If she can't reschedule a shoot, I'd hate to be involved in ANY web site business venture with her.

Jul 21 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So you think that a model that no-showed and flaked would actually reimburse you for your gas/ time and suffering?

Where exactly did you get that shit you're smoking?  I need YOUR supplier. smile

Seriously, she already gave a non verbal estimate of what SHE thinks your time is worth, so I fail to see the point of this thread.  Will getting our opinion make her want to pay you back?

Jul 21 06 05:09 pm Link