Forums > General Industry > BANNED IMAGES . . . your input needed

Photographer

Aqualus

Lee's Summit, Missouri, US

So.. never before (that is until I joined this site) have I been able to see the work of so many different levels of photographers.  It's been great!  What makes it even better, is that all of the photographers have a simlar subject matter.  HOWEVER, in having seen so many images, I have come across SO MANY that are incredibly cliche/overdone/played out.  The type of photo, when seen, one says: not another (one of these) shots.  Or perhaps an image/scene/idea that has been so well done by a previous and more famous photographer, any attempted reproduction can only be laughable:

I would like to (with the help of other MM photogs, models, and stylists) compose a running list of images, scenes, etc. that have been over used and are now cliche:

My first submission:

Naked people rolling around in the sand on the beach.  This could be couples, a single man, or a single woman.  Either way, I've seen it before  . . .and then again

(NExT)

Jul 21 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Messages about banning cliches should be banned, as messages that are about banning cliches are also cliche.

Click here to see list of cliches about cliches

Jul 21 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Messages about banning cliches should be banned, as messages that are about banning cliches are also cliche.

Click here to see list of cliches about cliches

that just made my day!

Jul 21 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

I think we should ban pictures of models,
It's so over done,
We've all seen it,

NeXT

Jul 21 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Aqualus

Lee's Summit, Missouri, US

sorry.. im new.

Jul 21 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Not fair! I'm still new at this, I haven't had my chance to shoot all of the cliches yet!

/mumbles to self about *really* needing fto find that roll of caution tape...

Jul 21 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Richard Tallent wrote:
Not fair! I'm still new at this, I haven't had my chance to shoot all of the cliches yet!

/mumbles to self about *really* needing fto find that roll of caution tape...

Dammit, I have a roll of caution tape....but after I saw all the images here, I abandoned it....
(still swear it could be done better, though)

Jul 22 06 12:22 am Link