Forums > General Industry > Model responses

Photographer

fox4845

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Is it just me or do many other photographers have issues with models, 1, failing to reply to any inquiries or 2, either not showing for a shoot or end communication before a set time for a shoot is agreed on.  I have been a menber since April this year and I have yet to take a single photograph of any of the model members here at Model Mayhem. Of maybe two dozen email inquiries sent out I recieved three responses. One stopped all communication once it was established that I was unwilling to pay $100 per hour with a three hour minimim. Of the other two, one we set up a time and place and a price and she failed to show and did not return email or phone messages and the last one changed the shoot at the last minute three times. I am not going to make a fourth attempt.
Robert

Jul 21 06 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

I'd say welcome to the club but I am relatively new at this. Unfortunately that has been exactly my experience so far.  I am not in a big community which doesn't help but I think a lot of the models are just playing at being models. Sounds good but not really into it or the are expecting the "big score," not real work.

Jul 21 06 06:16 am Link

Model

Bunnie Page

Dallas, Texas, US

fox4845 wrote:
Is it just me or do many other photographers have issues with models, 1, failing to reply to any inquiries or 2, either not showing for a shoot or end communication before a set time for a shoot is agreed on.  I have been a menber since April this year and I have yet to take a single photograph of any of the model members here at Model Mayhem. Of maybe two dozen email inquiries sent out I recieved three responses. One stopped all communication once it was established that I was unwilling to pay $100 per hour with a three hour minimim. Of the other two, one we set up a time and place and a price and she failed to show and did not return email or phone messages and the last one changed the shoot at the last minute three times. I am not going to make a fourth attempt.
Robert

As always, I have to point out that photographers do that, too. Maybe less often, but they still do it.

Jul 21 06 06:20 am Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

I think you have talked to the wrong models!

I would never arange a shoot and then not show up, that is not only stuipid, but  unprofessional!

smile

Jul 21 06 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

I am happy to say that that does not happen to me smile

Jul 21 06 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

I'm sure you're right and probably a few you wish hadn't bothered to show up.  I't just frustrating.  It probably varies but what percentage do either of you finally end up working with out of all those you contact?

Jul 21 06 06:27 am Link