Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

ok so I usually buy all of my photo stuff from adorama but I found the bhphoto site and was browsing it just now and saw this bad boy.......

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … ion#Optics

WOW.....If you had that much to blow, would you buy that camera?
I dont think I could hand over $30k for a camera.

Just wondering how many would or already have or knows someone with it.......

It's 3am and I'm bored lolll

Jul 21 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

So sexy. I'd sleep with it.

Jul 21 06 02:56 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

BlindMike wrote:

lmaoooo for $30,000 Id sleep,eat, and play with it 24/7. I'd never let that bad boy out of my sight. Would definately have insurance on it.

Thats a new car. Maybe even 2 cars depending on ones taste lolll

Jul 21 06 03:01 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I don't care how good a photographer is, 30k for a camera is, in my opinion, just crazy.

Jul 21 06 03:03 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

dncphotos wrote:
lmaoooo for $30,000 Id sleep,eat, and play with it 24/7. I'd never let that bad boy out of my sight. Would definately have insurance on it.

Thats a new car. Maybe even 2 cars depending on ones taste lolll

Could always rent one.

I was at the store and the couple next to me rented one out for the weekend. I was like woah.

Jul 21 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

BlindMike wrote:

Could always rent one.

I was at the store and the couple next to me rented one out for the weekend. I was like woah.

How much to rent it?

Jul 21 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Mark Reese Photography wrote:
I don't care how good a photographer is, 30k for a camera is, in my opinion, just crazy.

http://www.vistapointstudio.com/

This guy uses one. His prints are ridiculous.

Jul 21 06 03:07 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

How much to rent it?

I have no idea. I don't even have a credit card that goes that high to put the deposit on.

Jul 21 06 03:08 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

BlindMike wrote:
Could always rent one.

lol, nah, I would be to scared to rent something like that.
One probably has to have a credit card with a minimum 10,000 limit or more on it. You know just in case something happens lol.

Besides they probably won't take a pre-paid credit card ha ha ah just kidding lmao

Jul 21 06 03:10 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

BlindMike wrote:

Yes Mike, his pictures are amazing, but I think they'd be amazing with a D50 too.

Jul 21 06 03:14 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

BlindMike wrote:

WOW his landscapes and city views are amazing....I had to wipe the drool off my shirt lol.
but Im sure those images can be done probably the same or almost with a camera that cost wayyy less.

Then again if I were super rich and money was no object, who knows what I'd buy lol

Jul 21 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

dncphotos wrote:
lol, nah, I would be to scared to rent something like that.
One probably has to have a credit card with a minimum 10,000 limit or more on it. You know just in case something happens lol.

Besides they probably won't take a pre-paid credit card ha ha ah just kidding lmao

$10k is no problem. It's trying to charge $30k to a card that's slightly problematic smile At the store they charge the entire purchase price as a deposit. If it doesn't come back, you bought it.

Jul 21 06 03:45 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Yes Mike, his pictures are amazing, but I think they'd be amazing with a D50 too.

They wouldn't print as big (we're talking feet not inches), plus he has the advantage of being able to use some very nice lenses.

He has stuff up in a few galleries around the city, very nice stuff.

Jul 21 06 03:47 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Well... if you want to be a "REAL" photographer you would order one today along with the 10-15K worth of "extras" [extra glass, Hassy do-dads and attachments, dedicated laptop, ect] you need to make it work for you.

Some of the commercial guys are running two [a primary camera and a back-up unit] or even three of these things.

You think they make a living with years old [bought used] 35mm gear? I watched a photographer being taken to a little island for a glamour calendar shoot in a small fishing boat... with over $150,000 worth of gear like that. He was a nervous wreck by the time he got there. Don't think he had even considered, at that point, that he had to get home the same way. ROTFLMAO.

Studio36

Jul 21 06 04:39 am Link

Model

Aeon Elysian

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

studio36uk wrote:
Well... if you want to be a "REAL" photographer you would order one today along with the 10-15K worth of "extras" [extra glass, Hassy do-dads and attachments, dedicated laptop, ect] you need to make it work for you.

Some of the commercial guys are running two [a primary camera and a back-up unit] or even three of these things.

You think they make a living with years old [bought used] 35mm gear? I watched a photographer being taken to a little island for a glamour calendar shoot in a small fishing boat... with over $150,000 worth of gear like that. He was a nervous wreck by the time he got there. Don't think he had even considered, at that point, that he had to get home the same way. ROTFLMAO.

Studio36

At that point if the boat were to flip over for some reason, the guys career pretty much would be over

Jul 21 06 05:15 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Aeon Elysian wrote:
At that point if the boat were to flip over for some reason, the guys career pretty much would be over

If you can afford that camera, you can afford insurance smile

Jul 21 06 05:22 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

wow

Jul 27 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

But....it's kinda curious.... at that price, the iso only goes from 100-400. I'd expect more. (my Minolta does 3200)

Jul 27 06 05:54 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Ahhhh....the famous "blad"........what a piece of equipment!!...

The Hassie has always been the most expensive piece of equipment around....and for good reason.....if you ever checked to see how they put these things together it's incredible......

Any smooth surfaces on a Hassie is polished only with horsehair......I always had this vision of a lot of bald horses hanging around the Hassie plant...LOL

The camera is assembled totally by hand....no automated machine assembly lines ever....

Every adjustment is made by an individual and signed before moving on to the next stage of assembly.....that way should any problem occur....it can be traced back to the exact person responsible.......no fingure point here......and I've don't think I've ever even heard of a problem with Hassies....

I'm not sure of the new digital models....but the older mechanical models.....each gear was put through a polishing process using small nails.....yes, you read that right.....nails........and they are used only once and thrown out.....something about the the tip of the nail being able to get into the smallest spot.....don't ask how it works but their older advertisement used to proclaim this....

All in all ...the Hassie was something you aspired to.....I did use one on a few occasions....not mine but the studio I worked for.......can only compare it to going from a Chevy to a Lambroghini......incredible!

So now I'm going to hock my house, car, dog and wife and by one...LOL....oh...and that's without the lens......

Jul 27 06 07:02 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

ahh you boys!

Yes, toys are fun.

the more state of the art, the better

Jul 27 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Clickens

New York, New York, US

BlindMike wrote:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that finds cameras sexy.

Jul 27 06 01:30 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Nope, not around here
thats for sure!!

Jul 27 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

mad city fine arts

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, US

dncphotos wrote:
Just wondering how many would or already have or knows someone with it.......

It's 3am and I'm bored lolll

The only person I've heard of who has used this camera shoots for a major advertising agency who purchased this camera.  I've never heard of anyone who purchased this individually, but I would assume that if a company has that sort of budget, it would make a great investment.

Jul 27 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Yes I know a photographer that has one! Point seven studios here in toledo! Not sure if that is the same exact one but he did pay that much...

Jul 27 06 03:41 pm Link