Forums > General Industry > Might relocate to TN or GA...any thoughts:)

Photographer

glitterguru

Valencia, California, US

Thinking of packing up and moving to Nashville or Alpharetta....just wanted your point of view on the areas...in the art or photography arenas..

any thoughts are welcome..smile

GG

Jul 20 06 10:53 pm Link

Model

Melissa Bush

Grand Haven, Michigan, US

Go to Nashville. I lived there for a while.  There is a lot of work there. :-D

Jul 20 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I lived in Nashville for 5 years before moving to Atlanta so yes, I know alot about living in both.  Personally, I prefer Atlanta as a home base.  Nashville has some cool artists and musicians...but so does Atlanta.  After living in both I do feel Atlanta has more to offer.

Jul 21 06 06:56 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Bye. Don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

J/k

Jul 21 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

glitterguru wrote:
Thinking of packing up and moving to Nashville or Alpharetta....just wanted your point of view on the areas...in the art or photography arenas..

Surely that's not by choice.  There's a huge difference between Nashville and anywhere in CA.  And Alpharetta.....

Paul

Jul 21 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

glitterguru

Valencia, California, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
Surely that's not by choice.  There's a huge difference between Nashville and anywhere in CA.  And Alpharetta.....

Paul

Well yes by choice....we are going out to visit next month...we could cash out on our CA bungalow and give our kids a smog free, safe place to grow up with an acre of land to run on instead of this postage stamp we live on...and it would all be free and clear:)

...it's the mom in me:)...

also i could fly to NY to shoot....

we are just checking out our options...

GG

Jul 21 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

john hill

Louisville, Kentucky, US

After living in Calif. it is hard to live anyplace else!!! The South will be a HUGE culture shock to you!!! I walked around for 2 yrs. with a dazed look and open mouth after moving from San Francisco. jh

Jul 21 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Jackson

Hillsboro, Illinois, US

Try Atlanta.  Either way, expect a considerable lag time, as the good ole' boy network is alive and well.  It will take some time to get into the loop and back up to speed.

Jul 21 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I haven't lived in Nashville, but I lived in Memphis and had family in Nashville.  I've lived in Atlanta for about 10 years now. 

Move to Atlanta.

Neither Atlanta or Nashville is California.  Once you get past that, Atlanta wins hands down everytime probably in every way...

:::EDIT:::

Oooo.  You didn't say "smog-free" did you?  On the other hand, perhaps you do want Nashville...

Jul 21 06 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

JohnWebb

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Make it Atlanta. Moved down to Alpharetta back in 78 after having lived in Europe, Brasil,  Boston, and St Louis. Have never regretted the move. From ATl its fairly easy to get anywhere on the east coast as all air traffic seems to make a stop in Atlanta.

Jul 21 06 03:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

glitterguru wrote:

Well yes by choice....we are going out to visit next month...we could cash out on our CA bungalow and give our kids a smog free, safe place to grow up with an acre of land to run on instead of this postage stamp we live on...and it would all be free and clear:)

...it's the mom in me:)...

also i could fly to NY to shoot....

we are just checking out our options...

GG

Yes, sounds good to me.  Kids are so important and their upbringing is priceless.  I would say go with your heart.  You know what your family needs 

Especially since, if you come to NY I might get to work with you and that would be one of my dreams!!! wink

Best of luck to you!

Jul 21 06 04:58 pm Link