Forums > General Industry > Going on Castings w/o a Comp Card

Model

Model Kari

QUEENS VILLAGE, New York, US

So I'm new to this whole world of modeling... Anyway I have an audition for this music video on saturday (I have already done two videos) but I dont have a comp card to leave with them

Do you think that is very unprofessional??  Shouls I just not even bother going??

Please gimme some advice

Thanks
Kari

Jul 19 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

Crystalle L

Orlando, Florida, US

It is unprofessional..but you might as well go and try and since you have video experience already, I think you will be alright. I would get some made ASAP though if you plan on going to any more castings. Hope this helps smile

Jul 19 06 05:59 pm Link

Model

Model Kari

I know its unporfessional thats why I feel like an ass

But thanks  smile

Jul 19 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

How did you score your previous 2 video shoots? Were you not given a copy of the video or any photos from the shoot?

Jul 19 06 07:09 pm Link

Model

Model Kari

Brandon Ching wrote:
How did you score your previous 2 video shoots? Were you not given a copy of the video or any photos from the shoot?

Actually for both of them I saw casting for online, sent in my photos and got the part...No auditions or anything

Jul 19 06 07:13 pm Link

Model

Model Kari

Are there any stores I can go to that can make me up a few comp cards quickly??

Jul 19 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Model Kari

bump  smile

Jul 19 06 07:40 pm Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Just bring a headshot.  If you have a resume put in on the back.  Music videos are kind of inbetween modeling and acting, so a headshot will do.  Odds are, there will be actors there who don't have comp cards.  I've gone to a print casting where out of the 100 people there, maybe 20 had comp cards.  Most were sent from acting agencies because they were looking for "real" people and character actors.  As long as you have something to leave behind that's all tht matters.  I've gone to many auditions where they tell you to just bring yourself because they take a polaroid of you there.

Jul 19 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

Model Kari

Great Thanks

Still curious if theres anywhere I can get a few made up the same day??

Jul 19 06 08:34 pm Link

Model

Smith

New York, New York, US

Fairway (http://www.fairwayprinting.com/) is pretty reasonable. I don't know of any printing places that will do your cards the same day. It shouldn't matter that much about a comp card...if it is a good casting, they will take a polaroid of you when you arrive.
Anyway, it's just a casting, right? Don't stress out too much:)

Jul 19 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

i've heard of models who may have 2 different sets of comp cards. One that is more commercial and another that has more urban type of pics. In Atlanta its both so urban and commercial at the same time that many of my friends find that they can be doing both with the right pics.

Any other models have done this before?

Jul 20 06 12:37 am Link

Model

Model Kari

I'll let you guys know how it goes

Thanks

Jul 20 06 08:15 am Link