Forums > General Industry > All the world is a stage

Photographer

China Dolls

Everywhere there is work to do. Only most models approach modeling like a job at Wal-mart. Only with pay at a minimum of $50 p/hr.

With the right approach and the right contacts a actor or model should be able to go from unknown to known. For models the key is shoot, shoot, shoot,,,,pay or no pay and talk about what they want to work at while doing it. Need not be any nude work ivolved.

For actor act, act act, and talk with people interested in helping you and you helping them.

Ciao

Jul 19 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

China Dolls wrote:
For models the key is shoot, shoot, shoot,,,,pay or no pay and talk about what they want to work at while doing it.

Doesn't that seem the tiniest bit simplistic?  Models who shoot indiscriminately do more to hurt their cause than help, it seems to me.  Shooting selectively, with good photographers who have good contacts, is a much better approach.

Jul 19 06 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

It seems to me - and I may be wrong - that China is not saying take anything and everything - but to take opportunities for other reasons than money, like experience and networking. (If I am wrong, China, please forgive me!)

I agree taking absolutely everything is not a good idea, but there are a lot of models who turn down work that could add great images to thier ports and make some helpful contacts, just because they don't get paid for the gig.

Jul 19 06 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I like the way you think China Doll.

There is no try, there is only do-Yoda! smile

-Bearz

Jul 20 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
It seems to me - and I may be wrong - that China is not saying take anything and everything - but to take opportunities for other reasons than money, like experience and networking. (If I am wrong, China, please forgive me!)

I agree taking absolutely everything is not a good idea, but there are a lot of models who turn down work that could add great images to thier ports and make some helpful contacts, just because they don't get paid for the gig.

Thank you Greg, I was going to address the samething. China didn't sum it up as a duck and dodge, picky Peter Pan peanut butter, but you don't have to drop your panties or do the extreme to get in to have a succesful career. Being wise about your career is her point. I agree.

Jul 21 06 02:54 pm Link

Model

Sonya Marie

Tucson, Arizona, US

*picking up her panties*

wish someone would have told me that sooner wink

Jul 21 06 04:27 pm Link