Forums > General Industry > A new low...

Photographer

REPhotography

San Diego, California, US

Alright, its 730pm here in CA, and I go out to get something out of the car and what do I find?  A note under my windshield wiper canceling the photoshoot I had scheduled for tomorow....  Alright, WTF IS THAT????  Ive had email, phone message even in person cancelations, but a F'n note on my car?  what the hell is wrong with you people?  and its not like the house door wasnt 20ft away... 

Oh well, got it off my chest, and if anyone in SD wants to shoot tomorow, well wouldent you know it....I have some free time...

-Rob

Jul 18 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Well, I guess now the model can't be listed as a no show.  lol

Jul 18 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

What a coward.

Jul 18 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Teee heee that's a good one. Why on earth would they take the time to come out to your house and leave a note on the car when they could just e-mail?? Heh, maybe they were scoping out the place and thought...."hmmmm, I dunno, this place looks creepy....where's that paper and pen...."? big_smile

Jul 18 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I'd love to shoot tomorrow.. I'm in SD..

Oh wait..

I've got to work..

And I'm a photographer..

Crap, no help there..

Jul 18 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

Flip Ashley

Dallas, Texas, US

One word.....weenie

Jul 18 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Wow.  If we had a "Wall of Shame", I would certainly post this one. 

Just... wow.

Jul 18 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

I know it will never be funny to you, but thats absurd enough to be comical.  You cant help but laugh, obviously not at you but simply at the absurdity of the situation.

Jul 18 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Well hey -- at least you got a note! It's not all bad. And yeah, it really is funny if you look at it in a twisted sort of way.

I think you should go out and photograph something really small and then post it in the macro thread in the photographers forum. Yeah, that's it.

Jul 18 06 09:44 pm Link

Model

Smith

New York, New York, US

LOL
I love that...

Jul 18 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Make art out of it.  Photograph the note waving on your car.  Then set it on fire and photograph it again.  Then photograph yourself taking a piss on it to douse it out.  Post them here and send her the photos as well.  LOL.

Jul 18 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

To quote Nelson from the Simpsons...

HA! ha.

J/K---I feel your anger, and that really sucks.  It seems to be happening a lot lately.

Jul 18 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

LOL!  Nelson's HAha is the only thing that could make it any more absurd.

https://perso.orange.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-800x600.gif

Jul 18 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jenger Snapps

San Antonio, Florida, US

DarioImpiniPhotography wrote:
Make art out of it.  Photograph the note waving on your car.  Then set it on fire and photograph it again.  Then photograph yourself taking a piss on it to douse it out.  Post them here and send her the photos as well.  LOL.

LMAO...

Jul 18 06 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Save that note. It will be funny to you one day.

Jul 18 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

MrMisadventure

Brooklyn, New York, US

What does the note say exactly im curious

Jul 18 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

I dont believe you... scan the note... post it here on the forum... we will all benefit... and God knows we dont need another flakey San Diego model... wink

Jul 18 06 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

REPhotography

DarioImpiniPhotography wrote:

LOL

I couldent believe it.  I forgot to mention, its also someone that I have shot before.  Thats another thing that makes it absurd.

Jul 18 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

REPhotography

WG Rowland wrote:
I'd love to shoot tomorrow.. I'm in SD..

Oh wait..

I've got to work..

And I'm a photographer..

Crap, no help there..

Well, since I have the time, and a new tactic, I can tell you I am going to shoot you and when your in work, I'll just leave you a not saying that I got lost on my way there and wont be able to make it....

smile

Jul 18 06 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

REPhotography

Mike Vinereanu wrote:
What does the note say exactly im curious

"Rob, I know that we have a shoot tomorow, but something has come up and I have to go to santa clarita so I wont be able to shoot with you.  I hope when i get back that we can reschedule."  then she signed it and put a little sad face thing on it...

its actually pretty funny.  and the rum Im having makes it even funnier, because now I dont have to get up early smile

Jul 18 06 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

MrMisadventure

Brooklyn, New York, US

SEE! There is a bright side to everything! You can pity poor bastards like me that have to wake up even earlier then usual tommorrow!

Jul 18 06 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

TheOneEyedShooter

Sonoita, Arizona, US

South Dakota is....W - A - Y....too far to drive....

at least they let you know...I've waited for some time on location...with a client (and his vehicle)...only to have to return his deposit with effusive apologies...then had the model call and want to do MORE TFCD....

Jul 18 06 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

It could have been worse.

They could have pinned the note on your dog.

Jul 18 06 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

REPhotography

KM von Seidl wrote:
It could have been worse.

They could have pinned the note on your dog.

LOL, he might be just a  l i t t l e  pissed off, and at 150+ lbs, thats not a good mood for him.

Jul 19 06 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

damn.  that IS low!

https://69.36.180.69/jpg/aaa-pages/lowrider-trucks-01.jpg

Jul 19 06 12:39 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
Teee heee that's a good one. Why on earth would they take the time to come out to your house and leave a note on the car when they could just e-mail?? Heh, maybe they were scoping out the place and thought...."hmmmm, I dunno, this place looks creepy....where's that paper and pen...."? big_smile

I JUST GOT A UNEXPECTED EVICTION NOTE WITH NO DATE FOR EVICTION ON IT FROM A VERY CREEPY GUY AND ADDRESSED TO 'ANJELICA'

& IVE ONLY BEEN HERE 2 WEEKS!!!!
AFTER HE BEGGED ME  BULLIED ME AND OTHERS TO GET ME TO MOVE IN...AND WE HAVEn'T CROSSED PATHS SINCE EITHER!

LOW?
TELL ME ABOUT IT
I HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUnTRY nEXT MOnTH AnYWAY...
WHO'S GOnnA TAKE ME FOR LESS THAN 1 MONTH!!!>?

Jul 19 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Anjel Britt wrote:

I JUST GOT A UNEXPECTED EVICTION NOTE WITH NO DATE FOR EVICTION ON IT FROM A VERY CREEPY GUY AND ADDRESSED TO 'ANJELICA'

& IVE ONLY BEEN HERE 2 WEEKS!!!!
AFTER HE BEGGED ME  BULLIED ME AND OTHERS TO GET ME TO MOVE IN...AND WE HAVEn'T CROSSED PATHS SINCE EITHER!

LOW?
TELL ME ABOUT IT
I HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUnTRY nEXT MOnTH AnYWAY...
WHO'S GOnnA TAKE ME FOR LESS THAN 1 MONTH!!!>?

Motel I guess

Jul 19 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

REPhotography wrote:
Alright, its 730pm here in CA, and I go out to get something out of the car and what do I find?  A note under my windshield wiper canceling the photoshoot I had scheduled for tomorow....  Alright, WTF IS THAT????  Ive had email, phone message even in person cancelations, but a F'n note on my car?  what the hell is wrong with you people?  and its not like the house door wasnt 20ft away... 

Oh well, got it off my chest, and if anyone in SD wants to shoot tomorow, well wouldent you know it....I have some free time...

-Rob

What did the note say?

Jul 19 06 01:10 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

ADGibson wrote:

Motel I guess

LOL

I COULD FURNISH ONE
WITH THE TRUCK LOAD I GOT HERE!!

ps gotta b QUIET ENUFF FOR ME...!!

Jul 19 06 01:32 am Link

Model

Christine

creepy that the model drove to your house and left a note in your car...does that dreep anyone else out?

Jul 19 06 02:33 am Link

Model

Niquey

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

That's weird, even if you do know her. I can imagine someone being so distressed by something that they stop thinking straight an do something like that, as she said something came up i suppose it's possible, but even still that's very very strange.

Jul 19 06 03:22 am Link

Photographer

REPhotography

Christine Summers wrote:
creepy that the model drove to your house and left a note in your car...does that dreep anyone else out?

I thought I got a ticket.  She only lives about 3 miles from me, so I dont know if she drove.  Not to mention, Im 2 blocks from the beach, so who knows.

Jul 19 06 07:02 am Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

Even though you would have welcomed the knock on the door, the model may not have wanted to intrude on your evening.

Jul 19 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

All Kinds of Photos

When models sign up here on MM, there should be a question they need to answer to the effect that:
a) I am serious about modeling and really want to do shoots
b) I'm here to see if I can make a quick buck or
c) I'm not really serious about modeling so don't bother to try to set a shoot up with me because I problably won't answer your messages.

That way us photographers won't waste so much time messaging models back and forth to try to get shoots.

I don't get it either. Maybe we should start listing these models by name so other photographers won't waste so much valuable time with them trying to get shoots.

Jul 19 06 07:13 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

REPhotography wrote:

-Rob

What's wrong with that?  At least she didn't leave you wringing your fingers at the shoot, wondering when she would be showing up.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jul 19 06 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Joe Alcantar

Beaumont, California, US

She showed up early, that is more than most.

Jul 19 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

REPhotography

JAY carreon wrote:
What's wrong with that?  At least she didn't leave you wringing your fingers at the shoot, wondering when she would be showing up.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Your right, she didnt, but a note? come on now, this isnt the 5th grade.  If you make an appointment with someone, at least have the professionalism to cancel via phone, in person, even email.  A note?  its lucky I went to the car, otherwise I wouldent havent seen it untill 530am this morning.  Its alright though.

Jul 19 06 08:39 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

That's really bizarre.  I hope you have other models that you work with in your area, because if that had happened to me, I'd seriously reconsider asking that particular model to participate in any important, time-sensitive shoots from that point on.  It's just too weird.

Jul 19 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

My advice to you. Move on from it and them. When people call you to shoot or you call them and they tell you yes and they don't show up, move on and don't dwell on.

Trust me, it'll save you a big headache. I haven't had any flakes off of here and on here. but I have had models who want to shoot with me on here that have emailed me but when I reply after a few back n forth emaills and don't hear anything from them, I move on to the next person. Getting pissed and wondering what and why only lose you nothing but time.

Jul 21 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Well: it  beats said note, tied to a brick, an thrown through your front window!
Pretty weird way to cancel a shoot unless her straight job is as a metermaid.

Jul 21 06 01:15 am Link