Forums > Newbie Forum > New teen model in Michigan

Model

Juliana R

New York, New York, US

Hey there, my daughter has only been on MM for 3 weeks!  She's already has an agency wanting to sign her, but she has to get her comp card together.  How do you know what photos the agency is looking for?  They advised "business-like" photos, since we're near Detroit.  She has plenty of fashion photos, but Detroit area is different...hmm.  Any suggestions for this teen model?  Thanks in advance---Melanie (mom)

Jul 17 06 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Check out the agency first.  Make sure that they are a reputable agency.

Jul 17 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

stephent

New York, New York, US

Ditto.  Watch out for the common agency scams like use our photographer deals.
A full range portfolio from standard head shot through best style for full figure shots etc is always good, but I am not sure how Detroit is that different.

Jul 17 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Juliana R

New York, New York, US

They are definitely a reputable agency, however, Detroit doesn't have much for teen models.  Most of their work is corporate ads, making the "business" look a must for a comp card.   Their work is for the Auto companies, etc.

Jul 17 06 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

I shoot comp cards and commercial work full time.  I work for local agencies here in Tampa, amd what they are probably looking for is more "Lifestyle" looks.  She is a bit short for high fashion.  I'm not saying she'll NEVER do high fashion, it's just not probable.  On her next shoot, focus on more life/movement in her photos.  If the agency is interested in her, they should tell you exactly what they want.  If they don't, ask!  it's a must!  Good luck!
Shawn Ray.

Jul 17 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

I shoot comp cards and commercial work full time.  I work for local agencies here in Tampa, amd what they are probably looking for is more "Lifestyle" looks.  She is a bit short for high fashion.  I'm not saying she'll NEVER do high fashion, it's just not probable.  On her next shoot, focus on more life/movement in her photos.  If the agency is interested in her, they should tell you exactly what they want.  If they don't, ask!  it's a must!  Good luck!
Shawn Ray.

Jul 17 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Mangano Photography

Fresno, California, US

I suggest checking out LJDigital.... he does awesome work and has the equipment and knowhow to make very nice compcards. 

Dino

Jul 17 06 10:39 pm Link