Forums > General Industry > A reputable modeling agency?

Model

cammi

Toronto, Iowa, US

www.littlereddog.co.uk

can anybody let me know if this is a reputable agency? (or is it more of a scam) Thanks guys, i really appreciate it smile

Jul 15 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I don't know if they are legitimate or not, although the models and pictures they have aren't very impressive.

More to the point, since you are 5'4" tall and thousands of miles from them, it's very, very unlikely that they could do anything for you.  Which leads to the question:  why are you asking?

Jul 15 06 12:05 pm Link

Model

cammi

Toronto, Iowa, US

its fishy how they have models that r like 5'3 tall when their recruitment page asks for female models 5'7 and above. Also in their contact page, the address is not Europe...the phone # I have no idea which area it is from but the company claims itself to be from UK....strange.....well they emailed me to go to the following show:

http://www.cosmoworlds.com/intimate_lon … _beach.htm

which they will sponser me $2000 upfront before i depart, and $5000 after i finish the 4th day of the exhibition...

Jul 15 06 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Well, there is your answer.  It's a scam.  One we have heard a lot about recently, only under a new name and with a website this time.

Jul 15 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

cammi

Toronto, Iowa, US

really? you've heard about this whole beach body show thing? and how do they scam us?

Jul 15 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

they send you a fake cashiers check for the $2000 you try to cash it or some successfully cash it,then your suppose to purchase your hotel and airfare with it and send the rest back to them via western union or something.

The bank or whereever you cashed the cashiers check a few days later will determine its not a real check and you have to pay back the $2000. Might even get in legal trouble.

Something like that.

Jul 15 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

OK, if I read this right then they are PAYING YOU $2000 in advance to go do the show and will PAY YOU $5000 more after the show is finished.

What about airfare and hotel?

Will you get it all guaranteed in writing?

cammi wrote:
its fishy how they have models that r like 5'3 tall when their recruitment page asks for female models 5'7 and above. Also in their contact page, the address is not Europe...the phone # I have no idea which area it is from but the company claims itself to be from UK....strange.....well they emailed me to go to the following show:

http://www.cosmoworlds.com/intimate_lon … _beach.htm

which they will sponser me $2000 upfront before i depart, and $5000 after i finish the 4th day of the exhibition...

Jul 15 06 12:32 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

The idea of one of us shorties making that kind of money (and being asked to do a show we wouldn't even meet the height requirements of) is... well, pretty ludicrous.  Good rule of thumb: when it seems to be too good to be true, IT USUALLY IS.

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal

Even if they aren't trying to pull a Nigerian scam (which is what this sounds like), I'd be wary about doing foreign travel for people I don't know.  I remember hearing a while back (could be an urban legend) about models flying to international locations for modelling competitions, only to get kidnapped by the false organizers.

Jul 15 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

NetworkSolutions WhoIs search returned the following:

littlereddog.co.uk 

SSL Certificates - Make this site secure
Site Confirm Seals - Become a trusted Web Site 
       Domain name:
        littlereddog.co.uk

Registrant:
        Andrea Castillo

Registrant type:
        Not supplied

Administrative contact's address:
        12 St Bedes Gardens
        Cambridge
        Cambs
        CB1 3UF
        --

Registrant's agent:
        Fast24 Ltd [Tag = LARK]

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 27-Feb-2002
        Renewal date:  27-Feb-2008
        Last updated:  20-Apr-2005

Registration status:
        Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
        ns1.uksuperweb.co.uk
        ns2.uksuperweb.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 19:03:44 15-Jul-2006

It seems to match the advertised info on the site itself... investigate further and make your own conclusions.

Jul 15 06 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

For those of you who are OMP members there is a long post about this (two of them now) in the Scams and Shams forum.  Other forums have noted it too.  This is very common, and very much a scam.

Jul 15 06 02:16 pm Link