Forums > General Industry > 17...Lingerie...Recap

Model

Tawny Heath

San Diego, California, US

Hey Everyone...
Some of you may remember I posted a forum about 4 or 5 months ago asking if poeple thought it was "appropriate" for a 17 year old to model  lingerie. There were a lot of Yes, and No's. I am still 17 and I recently did, and I just wanted to post this to tell people I ending up deciding it would be great to add it to my portfolio for more various looks....
Xo!
Hope everyone has an awesome Friday night!

Jul 14 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Tawny Heath wrote:
Hey Everyone...
Some of you may remember I posted a forum about 4 or 5 months ago asking if poeple thought it was "appropriate" for a 17 year old to model  lingerie. There were a lot of Yes, and No's. I am still 17 and I recently did, and I just wanted to post this to tell people I ending up deciding it would be great to add it to my portfolio for more various looks....
Xo!
Hope everyone has an awesome Friday night!

appropriate sure if not sheer (in the usa)

Jul 14 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

Tawny Heath

Yea I would have to say i agree!
:-)

Jul 14 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Very nice! Your entire port is very nice. Good work!

Jul 14 06 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

re- photography

San Francisco, California, US

I'll put in my two cents as.....

As long as the subject is shot in good taste: i.e. there is a huge difference between a victoria secret style lingerie shoot and a "tease" style shoot, that is, a lingerie shoot styled as if for a lingerie ad can be apropriate, whereas a Maxim/Stuff style photo would not be appropriate. Given the sample image, I'd say it is an appropriate shoot and will be beneficial to your portfolio. The handling of a subject matter, how it is presented, is often more inportant to the appropriateness of a shoot, then the subject matter itself. A fully clothed photo of a younger model can be very inappropriate if shot in such a way that the wrong connotation is presented.

Ryan Entwislte - Photographer
re: photography

Jul 15 06 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Hi Tawny, you look great. You've added lots of nice variety since we first shot 1.5 years ago. You tried some lingerie then, and under the circumstances, it was perfectly appropriate. It's nice to see new pictures.

You're an excellent model. You've always been an excellent swimsuit model as well. Personally, I see very little difference between swimsuits and "lingerie" except some style & design, and fabric choice. Lingerie often covers more than a swimsuit.

Your lingerie modeling looks like ads for department stores.

Best regards,

Click Hamilton
aka http://www.pbase.com/schutze/tawny

Jul 15 06 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Legalities aside (since I don't have a clue what they are)..  I don't see what the problem is..

Oh wait.. You're supposed to be 18, because of course that's when the floodgates of maturity open and every decision becomes based on reason and mature thinking..

Oh wait, I'm 34 and that still hasn't happened..

Ah well, nice pics, anyway!

Jul 15 06 12:21 am Link

Photographer

noohoggin1

Shakopee, Minnesota, US

as long as it's legal and a parent/legal guardian authorizes it, then no worries. 

Best!
Tom

Jul 15 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

It looks like you took that one yourself.  If you really want to do lingerie, do it with a photographer who knows what he's doing.

Paul

Jul 15 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I was one of those who supported your decision but the lingerie image you now
have as your avatar doesn't work well for you.  By the way you are one of
the most attractive models on this site.

Jul 15 06 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

I agree that your b&w lingerie image is not nearly as good as many of your other pictures. The picture doesn't show you very well.
Your avatar, in blue, is the best one in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with tastefull lingerie pictures, but I'm sure you will have much better ones in the future.

Jul 15 06 10:46 am Link