Forums > General Industry > advise....

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

a recent experience at a photoshoot is what prompted this post...

if you're a photographer and your penis inadvertently falls out of your pants at a nude photo shoot....
Is it better to
a) ignore it and keep shooting.. hoping no one else will notice...
b) tell the model to hold the pose while you adjust yourself...
c) ask the model to put it back in your pants, as your hands are full of photo equipment??

thanks in advance for your advice.

Jul 14 06 06:45 pm Link

Model

Bunnie Page

Dallas, Texas, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:
a recent experience at a photoshoot is what prompted this post...

if you're a photographer and your penis inadvertently falls out of your pants at a nude photo shoot....
Is it better to
a) ignore it and keep shooting.. hoping no one else will notice...
b) tell the model to hold the pose while you adjust yourself...
c) ask the model to put it back in your pants, as your hands are full of photo equipment??

thanks in advance for your advice.

I would run away screaming no matter which letter you went with.... I guess C would be the most horrifying...but none are good.

Jul 14 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Make sure your pants are zipped next time.

Jul 14 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Bunnie Page wrote:

I would run away screaming no matter which letter you went with.... I guess C would be the most horrifying...but none are good.

but it was a total accident!!!

Jul 14 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Bunnie Page

Dallas, Texas, US

groupw wrote:
Make sure your pants are zipped next time.

Seconded.

Jul 14 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Is this a repeat?

Jul 14 06 06:52 pm Link

Model

Bunnie Page

Dallas, Texas, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:

but it was a total accident!!!

I'm sorry...but I don't believe you.

Jul 14 06 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Creativity Farm

Westville, New Jersey, US

Ian,

This is almost as tired a  topic as no show models, and breast implants. (where do you think the photo expression “watch the birdie” came from?)

The general consensus is that experienced photographers use duct tape or super glue to keep it from happening.

Jul 14 06 06:59 pm Link

Model

Bunnie Page

Dallas, Texas, US

Mark Stein wrote:
Ian,

This is almost as tired a  topic as no show models, and breast implants. (where do you think the photo expression “watch the birdie” came from?)

The general consensus is that experienced photographers use duct tape or super glue to keep it from happening.

So I'm just very lucky to have not seen this happen....yet?

Jul 14 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
Is this a repeat?

Would you believe it happened AGAIN???!!!!??

Jul 14 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I read in a recent thread where Udo was thinking of leaving MM.  He said it was no longer consistent with his goals.  I sensed some frustration on his part.

Every day we see threads bashing models and models bashing photographers.  Nudity is the topic of the day, every day.  Racism makes its way into the mix as well.

Add to that, inappropriate sexual inuendo.  We did this thread once.  Perhaps it was funny then, but ... I for one would rather see the forums concentrate on how to improve the industry, how to make models successful and how to make those of us who shoot, better photographers.

Every time I suggest that we will never be accepted as a respected part of the mainstream until we act like part of the industry, people remind me this is the net, rather than being part of the business.  I continue to ask why.

Are most of you here to talk sex and get young women to doff their clothes?  I for one am here to network and improve the industry.

Jul 14 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:
I read in a recent thread where Udo was thinking of leaving MM.  He said it was no longer consistent with his goals.  I sensed some frustration on his part.

Every day we see threads bashing models and models bashing photographers.  Nudity is the topic of the day, every day.  Racism makes its way into the mix as well.

Add to that, inappropriate sexual inuendo.  We did this thread once.  Perhaps it was funny then, but ... I for one would rather see the forums concentrate on how to improve the industry, how to make models successful and how to make those of us who shoot, better photographers.

Every time I suggest that we will never be accepted as a respected part of the mainstream until we act like part of the industry, people remind me this is the net, rather than being part of the business.  I continue to ask why.

WHAT? Do I hear an ECHO ECHO ECHO....from the past....

I am still on MM because I enjoy the site, well at least enough of it to stick around. It does have some very good points.

However, it does not represent a true industry tool as of yet. Allan, you hit the nail on the head.. The concept of "this is the net" is a poor model.

With the wealth of talent here,( and there is some talent), this could and should be a launching point for a great many artistic and profitable ventures.

The NET is an extention of every other business model on the planet, why not modeling and photgraphy? Why not here?
Keep the sam efeel, but let's step it up a notch.

I would have pages dedicated to lighting, posing, putting together ZED cards, marketing tips.

Local events, planned and executed properly. All for the sake of the art and for the sake of networking within the artistic community.

Not only is there a profit here, but it lends itself to credibility and new opportunities on the net and off.

IMHO

Are most of you here to talk sex and get young women to doff their clothes?  I for one am here to network and improve the industry.

Jul 14 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:

Would you believe it happened AGAIN???!!!!??

Hrm...

Jul 14 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

My bad... I thought was just as funny the second time.

Jul 14 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

we will never be accepted as a respected part of the mainstream until we act like part of the industry

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is all "the industry" talk that is bandied about on the forums.  Okay, there is an amorphous "industry" that exists simultaneously in New York and Los Angeles (I'm excluding the global market.)  What hope do all the people in the middle have of being part of "the industry"? 

Furthermore, perhaps .01% of Model Mayhem members have what it takes to actually be part of "the industry".  The rest of us are bit players, occupying our own happy little niche.  How many models from here have you seen in Vogue or strutting Paris runways?  How many photographers have genuine, national recognition?

Besides, why would anyone want this place to go mainstream?  That comes with an entirely different set of problems.  Exclusion would be the rule.

You want the place to be something that it's not.  If you don't like what's playing on the radio, you change the station (or turn it off.)  I joined Model Mayhem about 3 months before you did - and you've got more than 4x the number of forum posts.  Have you considered that you might spend too much time here?  Maybe you're just burning out on the place.

Jul 14 06 08:09 pm Link